2016-2017 application cycle!

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Received an invitation to interview for March 9th which seems so late. I wonder how late they are accepting people? I was accepted elsewhere so this takes the pressure off, but I wonder if it's possible to move my date up?

Hey! It does seem a bit late. Then again, I didnt turn in my application until the last week of October. My interview is scheduled for March 10th. Bummer we dont have it on the same day

ANDL congrats on getting an interview!! :) Do you mind sharing your stats? I'm getting nervous- hope to get an interview!

Hey! It does seem a bit late. Then again, I didnt turn in my application until the last week of October. My interview is scheduled for March 10th. Bummer we dont have it on the same day

I'm worried now... I have a pending prerequisite and I wonder if that's making a difference. I turned in my application beginning of July, supplemental not long after that. I've heard nothing!  Anyone in a similar boat?

I'm taking the prerequisite now... and it's the ONLY program that wants it so I'm kind of frustrated if I took this class for nothing.

I'm worried now... I have a pending prerequisite and I wonder if that's making a difference. I turned in my application beginning of July, supplemental not long after that. I've heard nothing!  Anyone in a similar boat?

I'm taking the prerequisite now... and it's the ONLY program that wants it so I'm kind of frustrated if I took this class for nothing.

I actually think I have two pending prerequisites. I'm taking genetics and microbiology :) Good Luck

I'm worried now... I have a pending prerequisite and I wonder if that's making a difference. I turned in my application beginning of July, supplemental not long after that. I've heard nothing! Anyone in a similar boat?

I'm in the same boat....about to head to sociology final...lol...hopefully it wasn't for nothing. Submitted in august. Radio silence since then

Both would be lovely! Lol :)

application received: 10/31

application ready to review: 11/15

interview invitation: 12/9

interview confirmation: 12/12

I'm not totally comfortable with disclosing my gpa. I'm pretty much average tho. As for extracurriculars, I've shadowed a UCLA pulmonologist for 2 years, am currently doing biochemistry ( 3 yrs), am president of pre-med club (was VP and secretary before that), and work as a physical therapy aide and private tutor. My stats arent totally great, I'm sure alot of people have better stats than I do haha but i hope this helps :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All! 

Congrats to everyone who has received interview invites and ACCEPTANCES!

I am a current 1st year student at WesternU and the Vice President of the MSPA Class of 2018! I'm so glad that you have all decided to apply to WesternU and we can't wait to welcome you into our family. I know you're all curious so here are my application dates from last year.

CASPA submitted 10/21

Supplemental essay submitted 12/1

Interview day 2/23

Acceptance 3/11

As you all probably know, although Western doesn't do rolling admissions, the earlier you submitted your app the better. I was a re-applicant during the 2015 cycle (who also submitted kind of late *cough*) so for those of you who are reapplying or submitted late this year, there is hope! This year the Admissions Dept started interviews a little earlier than usual in September but interviews can go all the way up til March. 

For those of you who have been accepted, feel free to message me with your full name and email address and I can add you to the Class of 2019's facebook group. 

Good luck all! You can do it! :) 

xoxo Cat

Archived