2016-2017 application cycle!

Has anyone accepted on Friday (3/17) received their acceptance letter in the mail with their BanWeb instructions? I am still waiting for mine.

I just called admissions today and we should get it by the end of the week. But if you want to accept the offer go onto BanWeb and click on the accept offer. Then from there you can pay either 1 or both of the deposits.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@SamPA oh I see! I called yesterday too. but I was told that they review and make decisions for each applicant individually and there are still applicants who a decision hasn't been made for them. So the committee will decide as they review one by one and then release the results to the admins.

Even if you call them today and ask if they are still accepting people they will tell you yes but it's not true honestly. They probably feel bad for you and say yes and they cannot tell you that you've been rejected over the phone probably lol. It's alright though rejection is part of life, always stay positive and always pursue your passion in life. Remember, they lost you , you didn't loose them. Good Luck Folks :)

Congratulations erikafisher!! You've given us all hope that we can be pulled from the waitlist sooner than we might expect :) Happy for you!

Submitted CASPA: late July
Submitted Western supplemental: early October
Invited to interview: October 21st
Interviewed: January 20
Waitlist email: March 21
Acceptance email: March 24th!!!!!!!

Congratulations to all who were accepted, and all the best to those who applied this year and have been waitlisted. Someone asked about rolling admissions; I submitted my CASPA application on the very last day, and was lucky enough to be accepted. I'm very excited, as Western was my top choice. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My Western timeline: 

CASPA Verified: June 22

Secondary Received: June 27

Application Ready for Review: Aug 26

Interview Invitation: Sept 2

Interview: Oct 27

Acceptance: March 17 !

~~~~~

Here are my stats:

Undergrad Education: University of Southern California - Neuroscience

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.43

Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.33

Age at application time : 24

Attempt: Third

GRE: 305

Direct Patient Care : ~3200 (EMT, Medical Assistant, ER Tech)

PA Shadow: 608 (Ortho, Derm, Onco/Hematology, Pulmonology, Pediatrics)

Volunteer: ~800 (Medical Mission to Africa, Skid Row, Spanish Translator, Elementary School Educator..)

LOR: PA, MD, Anatomy Professor and another PA

~~~~~

For more information or if you have any questions, find me on Instagram @jazminek_pa ! Would love to answer your questions!

I'm thinking about applying to Western U for the 2017-2018 and I need some advice here. I wonder if any of the accepted students lack the community service hours. I have 3.97 GPA, 2000 hours patient care experience, 4000 hours working in health administration for the under-served. Western said they won't count my 720 hours leading a student club. I understand the importance of community service but being an immigrant and low-income mom, I have to work so many hours to support my family. I was accepted into Midwestern Arizona recently but still hope to get into Western so that I can be near my daughter. Can anyone share any insights?

Archived