For those interested in a hands-on healthcare opportunity:

Mezona Orthopaedic in Gilbert, AZ is currently hiring for a student intern position to work alongside an orthopedic surgeon specializing in hands and wrists. Applicants must be available to work Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 7am-5pm. Applicants must be graduated from college or currently graduating seniors, and commit to one year of employment. 

This position offers the opportunity to:

-Assess and treat conditions related to upper extremities. Assessment and treatment include: obtaining patient vitals, assessing signs, symptoms and previous treatment, ordering necessary imaging, presenting the patient's case and treatment to the provider, casting, splinting and removing sutures.

-Conduct nerve studies using sensitive electromyography equipment to better assess the severity of nerve damage for diagnoses such as carpal tunnel syndrome.

This is an excellent opportunity for students and recent graduates interested in attending medical or PA school to gain hands on experience in the medical field. 

Please message me for further details. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By Rachbond
      I am currently in the process of my first application cycle and would love to connect with current Oklahoma P.A.'s for advice/shadowing opportunities and any Oklahoma Pre-P.A. students that are going through this journey as well! 
    • By PAhopeful98
      Hello, I am currently a Pre-PA student in the Denver, Colorado area applying this cycle and am currently looking for a PA in any speciality to shadow during the month of July at some point. I have received the COVID vaccination series. Please reply or reach out if you are available! Thanks so much!
    • By illinoispa
      Hi everyone,
      I'm currently a sophomore in my undergrad and I plan on applying for the 2022-2023 cycle, at the end of my junior year. I'm working on my application slowly throughout the year so I'm ready to submit early in the cycle (mid-May) and get a head start for programs with rolling admissions. 
      However, my university won't release my second semester junior year official transcript until mid-June. That means if I submit my application mid-May, I'd only be submitting my official grades up until my first semester of junior year of college. Should I wait for my official transcript to be ready and submit mid-June, or should I go ahead and submit mid-May and update CASPA once my second semester grades are ready?
      I'm so torn on what to do. I'm afraid if I only have 5 semesters worth of grades on my transcript, I will be seen as a weak applicant. On the other hand, I'm afraid if i don't submit early I'll potentially lose some interviews. I know once I submit my official transcript, the grades I update won't count towards my GPA, but I'm not worried about that because I'll most likely have around a 3.75 gpa regardless. 
      Any advice is appreciated!
    • By koconn
      Hey y'all so I am a sophomore in undergrad and in the process of just starting to get PCE, shadow, and volunteer hours and etc, but I am super stressed out because I am itching to start getting PCE hours except its so difficult while in school. I was thinking about becoming an EMT and working for 2 years after I graduate but I wasn't sure if being an EMT is considered PCE among most colleges, does anyone know? (I also tried to work as a caregiver over summer and that job isn't for me) 

Also, I'm trying to compile a list of PA schools to apply to, so if anyone has any recommendations for schools on the east coast please let me know! 🙂
    • By abaren
      Hi everyone! I’m looking to take on some more pre-PA students who need help with CASPA review, personal statement brainstorming/editing and interview prep.
      I’m 4.5 years out of PA school with experience in NYC and Baltimore and am a former interview committee member! 
      Please send an email to applyingtopaschools@gmail.com for more info and pricing!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More