WesternU Alternates - 2016 App Cycle

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to finish my application to western U but having trouble with then wanting a syllabi for classes. I donto know of they want a syllabi from the program I was in or all the classes I was in.

Also in the prerequisite form the part to the right were they ask about if it is prerequisite Y or N. And if N they want a syllabus. Can anyone explain and try to help me understand

Thank you

I'm trying to finish my application to western U but having trouble with then wanting a syllabi for classes. I donto know of they want a syllabi from the program I was in or all the classes I was in.

Also in the prerequisite form the part to the right were they ask about if it is prerequisite Y or N. And if N they want a syllabus. Can anyone explain and try to help me understand

Thank you

Thank you

Hi Joe,

I am also in the process of completing the PreRequisite form. From my understanding, you would put Y if you had included those classes in your CASPA application and that those courses are reflected on the transcript you have sent them for verification. As of now, I put all Y for all of the classes that have been verified by CASPA and N for any in progress courses. Let me know if this is what you're thinking as well.

For anyone that has completed the worksheet, may you please verify if it should be completed like this? Thank you!

Btw, there is already a thread for 2016-2017. Maybe you can get more/better answers through that thread.

Hi Joe Z and FuturePA31, in reply to your questions about the pre-req form, the column heading refers to whether or not the pre-req is in the Western University database as the acceptable class requirement that transfers over from the college you took your class at. The Western U website has a link for the pre-req database, so you will need to look it up for the school you took the class at. If it matches Western's requirement then the answer in that column is Y. If not in the database you put N in that column and scan a copy of the syllabus from the exact class you took at the school  and email it to Western. They might accept a class for a pre-req if the syllabus describes the class in a similar fashion. You should email admissions at Western for specifics about this.

Hope that helps :)

Lisa

Archived