• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all! Just asking for advice. I took my GRE and I wasn't happy with my score at all. Deadline is December 1st. I want to try to retake it in November for a better score. Do you think it's too late to retake it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a tough one. I say only do it if you are consistently scoring higher than before (on timed, computer-based practice tests). If you are scoring higher and you feel confident you can bring that score up then... the deadline hasn't hit yet and it isn't over till it's over so go for it! I'd beware of having enough time for your test scores to be sent to the schools as well.

Good luck!!

Hey all! Just asking for advice. I took my GRE and I wasn't happy with my score at all. Deadline is December 1st. I want to try to retake it in November for a better score. Do you think it's too late to retake it?

This school has rolling admissions so I think by then the class would be full. If this is not your top choice school go for it. If it is, submit now. If you've already submitted and just want to improve your score go ahead it couldn't hurt.

If I'm right, I think the last interview date for st. Pete is the 18th. Please anyone correct me if you know different. But that's what I think it is.

If you follow last years forum, Saint Pete still did interviews in February! There's a current student on there that applied in sept, interviewed in February, got wait listed, and pulled off the waitlist a week before class started in August. It's not over til it's over!

Hi everyone!

I'm an accepted Barry University student. I'm super excited. Can't wait to meet all of you!

For all those looking for insight on verification dates, my CASPA was verified on June 1. I received my interview offer on August 18, interviewed on September 9, and received my offer of acceptance on September 13. 

Here are my stats:

Overall GPA: 4.0

Prerequisite GPA: 4.0

GRE: Verbal: 156; Quantitative:150; Writing: 5.0

Contact Hours: At the time of application, I had just over 1,000 hours as a medical assistant working in a multi-specialty office with 13 PAs and 14 physicians.

Volunteer Work: 4,976 hours

Others: Research involvement, organization memberships, and study abroad

Good luck everyone!

Hi all,

I was accepted to the St. Croix campus, Class of 2019 way back in August (I was in the first interview session)! Who else has been accepted to that campus, serious considering, or already committed the program? I've already paid my deposit, and my criminal background check was cleared. However, I've had interviews since and a lot of decisions to make between schools, so I'm having a tough time deciding. 

Any input would be greatly appreciated :) and congrats to those who have been accepted to any of the campuses or still interviewing! 

Hi everyone!

I'm an accepted Barry University student. I'm super excited. Can't wait to meet all of you!

For all those looking for insight on verification dates, my CASPA was verified on June 1. I received my interview offer on August 18, interviewed on September 9, and received my offer of acceptance on September 13. 

Here are my stats:

Overall GPA: 4.0

Prerequisite GPA: 4.0

(I completed my entire Bachelor of Science in 2 years)

GRE: Verbal: 156 (71st percentile); Quantitative:150 (40th percentile); Writing: 5.0 (93rd percentile)

Contact Hours: At the time of application, I had just over 1,000 hours as a medical assistant working in a multi-specialty office with 13 PAs and 14 physicians.

Volunteer Work: 4,976 hours reported on my CASPA app. I really emphasized getting in a lot of hours since senior year of high school! All experiences listed included activities I have been involved with in the last 4 years. I am also a member of multiple organizations which were listed separately from this.

Others: Research involvement and Study Abroad

Good luck everyone!

Congrats!! Which campus?

Congrats to those already accepted! However, has anyone gotten anything from the Barry Miami Campus? I submitted my application and was verified Aug 16th. I have not received a confirmation email from them yet.

I called admissions a few days ago. She told me she's currently reviewing applications that are verified late July.

I submitted around mid August as well and JUST recieved a confirmation email today 11/10.

Congrats to those already accepted! However, has anyone gotten anything from the Barry Miami Campus? I submitted my application and was verified Aug 16th. I have not received a confirmation email from them yet.

Archived