• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I applied in august and still haven't heard anything. I even emailed to ask about my application status and did not receive a response. Is anyone else in the same boat?

I applied in August too. But I submitted my supplemented a few days before deadline. I got an email saying they received my app and it's being processed. But no luck. Anyone know when they will be sending out rejection emails?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't even receive an email stating they received my application. I know of someone who applied last cycle and never heard anything at all .. not even an acknowledgement of her application or a rejection letter. It's frustrating considering how much money we spend applying. Still keeping my fingers crossed for an interview invite though!

Of course! They are:

BS Biology: University of Texas @ Austin

BS Histotechnology: UTMD Anderson Cancer Center

Overall GPA: 3.78

Science GPA: 3.81

GRE combined: 292, writing: 4.0

PCE: 1200 hours @ outpatient Mohs dermatology clinic

Other HE: 2080 hours histopathology lab

PA Shadowing: 160 hours in Neurosurgery, Family Practice, Cardiothoracic surgery, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Internal medicine

Certifcations: Histotechnologist (ASCP)

Applied: May 31st

Application under review email: Aug 11th

Interview invite: 02/10

Good luck!

For accepted students, how long has it taken you to get the background check and fingerprinting done? The cost of the package itself was $130 and I'm looking at another $20 to just get the fingerprints done. I bought the package yesterday and will have my fingerprints postmarked before the deadline but it won't be reflected I'm assuming until after.

Wait, it was $130 for you?? The pricing I see on the American Data bank for Package #1: Provisionally Accepted is $77. Am I looking at the wrong one? I haven't purchased it yet, but I was wondering How much time do you get after you purchase to submit everything (fingerprints) by?  

I applied in august and still haven't heard anything. I even emailed to ask about my application status and did not receive a response. Is anyone else in the same boat?

I applied in August and received an email from Michelle on 12/5 and I didn't hear anything for a month, so I called her and spoke with her directly. If I were you I would call and leave a voicemail if nobody answers or talk to Michelle directly. That is the quickest way to receive info.

I applied in August and received an email from Michelle on 12/5 and I didn't hear anything for a month, so I called her and spoke with her directly. If I were you I would call and leave a voicemail if nobody answers or talk to Michelle directly. That is the quickest way to receive info.

Is her contact information on the website?

I recently received an invite for an interview at St. Croix. Anyone have suggestions on where to stay while there? (without breaking the bank!)

When I went back in October, I found a vacation rental through tripadvisor for about $89/night. So definitely don't limit yourself to just hotels because they get expensive once you add on the taxes and fees! Good luck with your interview!!

I paid 157. I also lived in ny and florida. I believe this can cause it to vary and also depends on where you live. Im sure it costs more in certain states especially urban cities.

Wait, it was $130 for you?? The pricing I see on the American Data bank for Package #1: Provisionally Accepted is $77. Am I looking at the wrong one? I haven't purchased it yet, but I was wondering How much time do you get after you purchase to submit everything (fingerprints) by?

Hi everyone! I recently got an interview at the STX campus. I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to the limitations, if any, that come with being awarded a physician assistant certificate as opposed to getting a masters in physician assistant studies.

Ah yes I tried airbnb, very cheap but booked through most of March b/c of spring break coming up I think :(. Thanks for the idea though!

Miami is expensive. You might want to try looking in Ft. Lauderdale or Hollywood. It's close but gives you more options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived