• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys!

I turned in my CASPA application in August and was invited to interview at Barry (STX campus) in October. I interviewed on 11/18 and heard back 3 days later that I was accepted. I'm currently living in Colorado, so that's gonna be a big move for me, but I am stoked! Loved the people I met and the island was awesome (obviously). I've paid my deposit and am planning to move down there to start school in August 2017. Still trying to convince my wife to move away from her family for a couple years and what better place than to live on an island in the Caribbean, right? I've got another interview set up as a plan B in case she doesn't want to move down there after all, but right now the plan is to be there in July and/or early August. Looking forward to meeting you all!

I interviewed in St. Croix on 11/18 and received my acceptance email today!! I am so unbelievably excited and cannot wait to meet my fellow classmates!

Congrats! I interviewed the same day you did! I got my acceptance letter a few days later as well. Now I just have to convince the wife and kiddos to move to a tropical island for a few years. Shouldn't be too difficult... right?

Hi Guys!

I turned in my CASPA application in August and was invited to interview at Barry (STX campus) in October. I interviewed on 11/18 and heard back 3 days later that I was accepted. I'm currently living in Colorado, so that's gonna be a big move for me, but I am stoked! Loved the people I met and the island was awesome (obviously). I've paid my deposit and am planning to move down there to start school in August 2017. Still trying to convince my wife to move away from her family for a couple years and what better place than to live on an island in the Caribbean, right? I've got another interview set up as a plan B in case she doesn't want to move down there after all, but right now the plan is to be there in July and/or early August. Looking forward to meeting you all!

I actually live in Colorado too! Would you want to meet up before the big move?? Also, have you been calling Michelle or emailing her?

I actually live in Colorado too! Would you want to meet up before the big move?? Also, have you been calling Michelle or emailing her?

Sure! The more people my wife can meet and if we already have some established friends the easier it might be to help her make her decision about moving down there. I live in Grand Junction, CO - where do you live?  I've called Michelle a couple times and got a response that way. I did have some trouble getting her to respond to emails now that I think about it. I'm sure she is slammed with admissions process still in full swing...

^^  I doubt Miami is full.  I just got the invitation to interview today

I was verified towards the end of July.  Today I got an invitation to interview January 13th

However, I am declining my interview because I am already registered to another PA school for fall

May I ask when you received an email saying your application was under review? Congrats on getting into school!

For accepted students, how long has it taken you to get the background check and fingerprinting done? The cost of the package itself was $130 and I'm looking at another $20 to just get the fingerprints done. I bought the package yesterday and will have my fingerprints postmarked before the deadline but it won't be reflected I'm assuming until after.

It took about a month for my fingerprints and background check to be completed. I think the website says it can take up to six weeks. As long as they're submitted before the deadline you're okay!

I'm not really sure what the deadline is. I paid for my full deposit 11/28 and then got confirmation my fingerprints were received 12/7. Now I'm just waiting for them to be processed.

Hello all,

Did anyone apply while you were still finishing pre-reqs? My undergrad GPA is 3.6, and so far, my pre-reqs have been all As except for one class. I live really close to the St. Pete campus, and I was thinking to apply with the hopes of being wait listed for this upcoming cycle. Do you think it's a long shot or should I give it a try? 

I took the GRE in 2013: 55th percetile, 50th percentile, 85th percentile (writing is a God-given talent!)

Regardless, I plan to apply for the next cycle as well. Any suggestions???

Thanks!

KM

Also, does anyone know if the St. Pete campus is full for this upcoming cycle?

Archived