• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, there are few people that have been invited from interview at the St. Pete campus. Could you tells about your interview? I know they do group interviews, anything you would like to share with us? Also, they mentioned they will have an essay, what kind of essay?

There are concerns that students don't have the opportunity to show their potential. What do you think it was key in the interview?

Thank you

Hi all!

I'm new to applying. This is my first cycle.  I wanted to bring forward my stats and would like to hear some feedback as far as where I would stand. 

Graduation Date: April 2014

University: Oakland University (Rochester, MI)

Major: Bachelors of Health Sciences with concentration in Integrative Holistic Medicine

Pre-Req GPA: 3.7

Inorganic Chemistry- 4.0

Organic Chemistry- 4.0

Advanced Human Anatomy- 3.7

Advanced Human Physiology- 4.0

Clinical Microbiology- 3.9

Genetics- 3.6

Intro Psychology- 3.1

Developmental/ Lifespan Psychology- 3.7 

Overal CASPA GPA: 3.12

Patient Contact Hours: 3,900 (paid, Certified Nursing Assistant)

Healthcare Experience: Dental Office Manager, Care Management Administration

Shadowing Hours: ~70 (Trauma, Surgical Service, Rapid Response, and Neurology) 

Letters of Reccomendation: 1 from Neurology PA (I work with her on my hospital unit), 1 from a Derm/GI PA (I volunteered at her clinic in Chicago), 1 from my unit manager, and 1 from a professor (professor for my biochem/pathology courses, conducts breast cancer research at OU). 

Extra Curricular:

Pre-PA Society, Vice President (Oakland University)

Keep Detroit Beautiful, Brand Ambassador (Detroit, MI) 

Gamma Phi Beta Sorority, Executive Board Member, Volunteer Coordinator

Gamma Phi Beta, Recruitment/ Chapter Advisor (Beta Chapter- University of Michigan) 

GRE: I had a low GRE the first time I took it.... but I am retaking it in the next few months. 

Any recommendations for me? I am currently taking a few courses just to keep up with my studies. I currently work at the hospital, volunteer, and am prepping for a mission trip in December. 

Please feel free to give me any tough love!

Thanks!

I think your stats look awesome especially if you can get into the 50th percentile for the GRE. My best advice is to apply early. I applied at the dead line last year and only got one interview out of four applications. This year I applied in May and got five interviews out of ten. My application of course improved between cycles but not THAT dramatically in my opinion. Good luck!

I think your stats look awesome especially if you can get into the 50th percentile for the GRE. My best advice is to apply early. I applied at the dead line last year and only got one interview out of four applications. This year I applied in May and got five interviews out of ten. My application of course improved between cycles but not THAT dramatically in my opinion. Good luck!

I already submitted my CASPA application! I was verified on 08/04. I haven't finished up the sup app. But that is going to be submitted this weekend. As far ad the GRE, I'm retaking it in a month or so. But I'm afraid they won't interview me because they don't have a hard copy score in their hands early on. 

I already submitted my CASPA application! I was verified on 08/04. I haven't finished up the sup app. But that is going to be submitted this weekend. As far ad the GRE, I'm retaking it in a month or so. But I'm afraid they won't interview me because they don't have a hard copy score in their hands early on. 

I was CASPA verified on 8/1 and I have yet to receive any confirmation email, nor anything about a supplemental. Did you receive the supplemental via email?

Archived