• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those who are interested in timeline information:

June 16 - Submitted CASPA to Barry Miami (they already had my GRE scores prior to me submitting my CASPA app to them).

August 24 - Received "Application Status" e-mail stating I had nothing missing from my application.

August 30 - Received interview invitation email. Was given three dates from which to choose; September 9th, 16th, and 23rd. I chose September 9th.

August 30 - Received confirmation e-mail for September 9th interview date.

So for those who have not heard anything yet, hang tight, as I did not receive a confirmation e-mail that all my materials had been received util two and a half months AFTER I submitted. Every school is different. I've gotten interview invites the next day after I submitted to a few weeks after, so it just depends on the school/program. Best of luck to all! You are all amazing! :-)

For those who are interested in timeline information:

June 16 - Submitted CASPA to Barry (they already had my GRE scores prior to me submitting my CASPA app to them).

August 24 - Received "Application Status" e-mail stating I had nothing missing from my application.

August 30 - Received interview invitation email. Was given three dates from which to choose; September 9th, 16th, and 23rd. I chose September 9th.

August 30 - Received confirmation e-mail for September 9th interview date.

So for those who have not heard anything yet, hang tight, as I did not receive a confirmation e-mail that all my materials had been received util two and a half months AFTER I submitted. Every school is different. I've gotten interview invites the next day after I submitted to a few weeks after, so it just depends on the school/program. Best of luck to all! You are all amazing! :-)

Which campus?

Hi guys! So I interviewed this past Friday, August 26th at the Miami Campus and absolutely LOVED it (submitted CASPA on June 1st and confirmed June 30th). The entire process made you feel very welcomed and the way it was organized was great. Super happy to say I got an accept letter today via email!!

Nope - CASPA doesn't accept the scores for Barry.  I know it is confusing- but this is the only school where I sent them directly to the school:

• Taken the Graduate Record Examination (GRE); the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT)will not be substituted for the GRE; applicants whose GRE scores are more than 5 years old must re-take the GRE and submit more recent scores. GRE scores must to be sent directly to the university by ETS to institutional code 5053, departmental code 0634 before the application is submitted. Applications without Official GRE scores will remain in pending status until they are received. GRE scores must be submitted no later than 30 business days after receipt of notification from Admissions Office

The scores go directly to the Barry program, they will not show up on CASPA.  I also have yet to receive any notification that my scores or CASPA application were received.  I emailed them, and like you, haven't gotten a response.  This is for the St. Pete campus. 

Hey all,

I'm sure you're all quite anxious and excited. Us 18's are starting to get in the thick of exams, so bear with me.

For those of you that have been accepted (at least to Miami), eventually a facebook group will be made for you after there's a confirmation of your roster. It may take some time as the roster is continuously changing (there were a few kids who were pulled off the waitlist literally DAYS before orientation even started). I'm sure that the Croix and Pete will have a fb page made by 18s from your respective classes.

There's a few days respite, so ask away and I'll try and respond asap. Best of luck

Did you get any type of confirmation email that they received all of your stuff? I haven't received anything and I didn't have the department code when I submitted my gre scores so idek if they have them yet! This goes for anyone applying to the st Pete campus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never got any email confirming my application or any to answer my questions I've emailed.

The only email I ever got, as a response to one I sent on 7/20 regarding my GRE scores (didn't know they wouldn't show up so I emailed to double check). I was verified July 10 and haven't received a confirmation email from them after this.

"Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Thank you for your interest in our Physician Assistant Program. Attached to this email you will find a pamphlet detailing all you need to know to go through the applying process of the Graduate Physician Assistant Program. It includes where you can apply, when you can begin filling out our application, our deadline, program requirements and pre-requisite course work, information on the GRE’s, and where to send all of your final paperwork. This document should help get you started. If you haven’t already done so, you should also check out our website:  www.barry.edu/pa for a further breakdown of our program requirements, a look at our faculty/staff, program achievements, and questions the program cost and financial aid.

Our most competitive applicants typically possess the following characteristics:

·         An average Overall and Science GPA of 3.4-3.5

·         A score of 150 or higher on Verbal and Quantitative sections of the GRE (approximately 1000 on the old scoring scale), and an analytical score of 3.0

·         Over 1,000 hours of hands-on patient care experience

Your CASPA application has been received, however it is still waiting to be processing. Once fully in our system, you will receive an email confirmation of receipt of official GRE Scores, missing prerequisites, and what the next steps in the admissions process are. I thank you for your patience as we are still processing applications verified in late June.

Incomplete prerequisite coursework may be completed as a non-degree seeking student at any accredited institution including community colleges and accredited online programs. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact me by phone or by email. Good luck."

The only email I ever got, as a response to one I sent on 7/20 regarding my GRE scores (didn't know they wouldn't show up so I emailed to double check). I was verified July 10 and haven't received a confirmation email from them after this.

"Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Thank you for your interest in our Physician Assistant Program. Attached to this email you will find a pamphlet detailing all you need to know to go through the applying process of the Graduate Physician Assistant Program. It includes where you can apply, when you can begin filling out our application, our deadline, program requirements and pre-requisite course work, information on the GRE’s, and where to send all of your final paperwork. This document should help get you started. If you haven’t already done so, you should also check out our website: www.barry.edu/pa for a further breakdown of our program requirements, a look at our faculty/staff, program achievements, and questions the program cost and financial aid.

Our most competitive applicants typically possess the following characteristics:

· An average Overall and Science GPA of 3.4-3.5

· A score of 150 or higher on Verbal and Quantitative sections of the GRE (approximately 1000 on the old scoring scale), and an analytical score of 3.0

· Over 1,000 hours of hands-on patient care experience

Your CASPA application has been received, however it is still waiting to be processing. Once fully in our system, you will receive an email confirmation of receipt of official GRE Scores, missing prerequisites, and what the next steps in the admissions process are. I thank you for your patience as we are still processing applications verified in late June.

Incomplete prerequisite coursework may be completed as a non-degree seeking student at any accredited institution including community colleges and accredited online programs. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact me by phone or by email. Good luck."

So basically they told you nothing :( I haven't received any type of confirmation from them and my caspa was verified early July. I want to know if they received my gre scores too because they got sent to Barry, but didn't have a departmental secondary code. And of course, no emails back. Frustrating :/

For St. Pete Campus: 

I received an e-mail on 06/30/2016 to inform me that I was missing nothing on my application and that it has been sent to the admission review committee, however I have heard nothing since. I was informed by in the same e-mail that interviews would begin in September 2016 and final decisions would be made in March 2017. Good luck to all applicants that are applying, fingers crossed we get interviews soon. 

I received an email this morning that I've been accepted to the Miami campus! Good luck to everyone interviewing and waiting to hear back.

congrats!!!!! Do you mind sharing your stats and timeline? I have not heard anything back about an interview invite yet :(

congrats!!!!! Do you mind sharing your stats and timeline? I have not heard anything back about an interview invite yet :(

No problem! 

Caspa Science: 3.89

Caspa non-science: 3.60

PCE: 3800 hours

Shadowing PAs: 26 hours 

Volunteer: 160 hours 

My application was verified on 6/17 

Received confirmation of my complete application on 7/21

Received an interview invite on 8/13

Interviewed on 9/9

Received an email on 9/13 offering me a seat