• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I called last week and Michelle said that they do not have a set start date yet, but they usually start mid-August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a friend that started Barry PA program last cycle (2015-2016) and he started Monday August 22nd. Just an FYI

I have a friend that started Barry PA program last cycle (2015-2016) and he started Monday August 22nd. Just an FYI

Thanks for sharing! Hopefully it starts around then too. Gives me more time to move. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any Michigan people going this fall? If so, are you worried about finding a job in Michigan when you graduate?

Hi, I am accepted to the Miami campus for this fall, and I am from Michigan. Thankfully, I am currently also accepted to other programs including Wayne State University in Michigan (where tuition is half the price and the program is ranked much higher!), but I am still deciding if I will attend Barry depending upon scholarship availability. I would not be concerned about finding a job in Michigan based upon what I have heard, (but of course there are no guarantees,) since PAs generally do not have a difficult time finding jobs. The main thing is to pass the PANCE and get certified in your state. Perhaps you can also complete a rotation in Michigan in a place you would potentially like to receive employment to help with the job searching. Best of luck! Feel free to pm me with more questions.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard anything from the wait list either. If you do end up calling let us know what they say! I am curious how they choose from the waitlist- if it is done by a ranking system or more from the order that the applicant interviewed.  Fingers crossed that its a ranking system because i applied and interviewed very late in the game!!

Just a heads up for those of you on the waitlist: Michelle emailed the provisionally accepted students this week to make sure we're still interested. She also said that an audit of our files is being done soon and financial aid is just being released. I'm guessing this means that if waitlist spots open up, there's a chance you could hear something soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived