• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if Miami is offering more interviews after January? 

I honestly think my GRE killed my application, so I 'm not holding my breath for this program anymore. 

Yes, they mentioned that they interview up until February last year. When we spoke to the students, they told us the school will have seats available if they are offering you an interview. Otherwise, they will explicitly tell you you're interviewing for waitlist spot. 

Good luck! 

May I ask what your GRE scores were? I know mine is on the lower end. Just curious to see as to what scores were interviewed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine were 164V 160Q 5.0AW. I was accepted in October, applied first week of July. Their website says competitive scores are over 150 on each with a 3.0 AW.

Hi Everyone,

For those who are interested in my timeline:

8/1 - Submitted CASPA 

8/8 - CASPA Verified 

12/5- Received "Application Status" e-mail from Barry
12/16- Received interview invitation email, was given three dates from which to choose; 1/13, 1/20, and 2/24

1/13- Interviewed at Miami
1/17- Received offer of provisional acceptance, which I happily accepted after visiting Barry.  

Hey everyone!

I interviewed this past Friday (1/20) at the Miami campus and was extremely impressed with the program! Dr. Fien stated that only about half the class is filled and the waitlist is virtually empty. I hope this helps all who are curious about seats remaining and best of luck to everyone!

Hi guys, 

From the Barry website: 

"All candidates who successfully complete the Program will be awarded both the Master of Clinical Medical Science degree and the Physician Assistant Certificate."

Does anyone know more information about this? Does it matter if they are only offering a PA certificate (along with an MCMS) in terms of employment?? 

No every program I saw offered some type of masters (masters of science in medicine, master of medical sciences, masters of clinical medical sciences etc) and a pa certificate which allows you to sit for the pance. The only exception was Miami dade program which offered a pa certificate and an associates degree.

No, it does not matter.  However, by 2020 all PA programs are supposed to start having a masters degree in order to be accredited (according to AAPA).  Some programs off different levels.  As of right now you only need the certificate to sit for the exam and practice. 

• 2 weeks later...

For Miami?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's one person, Michelle, processing the 2700 applications for all three sites. Applications are processed in the order in which they were received. When I spoke to her last week she was still on the applications for late August (there were 200 applications for August). Normally there are two people processing applications, which probably explains why the process is slower this cycle.

Archived