Applying for January 2017 start date!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what time did you guys finish up? glad you had a great experience! i'm looking forward to it.

It depends on where you are traveling from. I was in GA so my last interview was 12:30. Most out of town folks had the early times. They give you your schedule on the first day. The last interview time is 1 if you are flying out.

Accepted :)

Congratulations to those that receive phone calls & Good luck to those still waiting.

I was wait listed during the 2012-2013 cycle and used all of the 'no's as fuel to get in the health care industry and prepare myself as much as I could for my future profession as a PA. 4 years later, I humbly receive my acceptance much more knowledgeable and prepared than I was in 2012. Keep hope alive to anyone who doesn't receive a favorable outcome this go around!

It is a 2 day interview. First day is just an overview of the program, Q&A with current students, trolley tour of Savannah, then dinner with current students. Second day was the actual interview. (2) one-on-one interviews, each lasting about 30 min. Wasn't too bad. Just prepare best you can, and be yourself.

It is a 2 day interview. First day is just an overview of the program, Q&A with current students, trolley tour of Savannah, then dinner with current students. Second day was the actual interview. (2) one-on-one interviews, each lasting about 30 min. Wasn't too bad. Just prepare best you can, and be yourself.

Can you remember any specific questions, any that threw you off guard or you felt was a unique question? Just trying to prepare best as possible. I do better in larger groups. One on ones are fine, but I feel like these types of interviews either go very well or go down hill for me quickly. And by trying to prepare, I mean mentally most of all haha.

Can you remember any specific questions, any that threw you off guard or you felt was a unique question? Just trying to prepare best as possible. I do better in larger groups. One on ones are fine, but I feel like these types of interviews either go very well or go down hill for me quickly. And by trying to prepare, I mean mentally most of all haha.

I dont think anyone is going to tell you the questions asked.  Not only is it not fair to other interviewers, but its also unfair to those of us who went into the process blinded (like you're supposed to).  Integrity is a huge part of this process . Telling youspecific questions is not not only unacceptable on your part, but would be completely unacceptable on our (the people who have already interviewed) part.  Not to mention the fact that schoools know this forum exists Ask anyone and they will tell you overpreparing is one of the worst things you can do.

I dont think anyone is going to tell you the questions asked.  Not only is it not fair to other interviewers, but its also unfair to those of us who went into the process blinded (like you're supposed to).  Integrity is a huge part of this process . Telling youspecific questions is not not only unacceptable on your part, but would be completely unacceptable on our (the people who have already interviewed) part.  Not to mention the fact that schoools know this forum exists Ask anyone and they will tell you overpreparing is one of the worst things you can do.

I apologize, I didn't want to get the "inside scoop" so much as understand types of questions. For example, another interview I was on asked a lot of behavior-based questions. I enjoy group interviews because multiple people can agree/disagree and discuss and issue at the same time. I know that one on one interviews are usually based one way or another. I know sometimes people are throw off my certain questions and was just curious. Sorry if it was intrusive or stepping over bounds. 

I apologize, I didn't want to get the "inside scoop" so much as understand types of questions. For example, another interview I was on asked a lot of behavior-based questions. I enjoy group interviews because multiple people can agree/disagree and discuss and issue at the same time. I know that one on one interviews are usually based one way or another. I know sometimes people are throw off my certain questions and was just curious. Sorry if it was intrusive or stepping over bounds. 

None taken.  There was no group interview during my dates, only individual.  I know they did them last cycle so Im not sure if they will for your interview or not.  I hope that helps a little!

Okay. I just got my first interview invite for PA school from this University. I'm not from Georgia, so I'd like to know, how far away is the airport from the University? Is it okay to uber/lyft around the area or will I need to rent a car?

Forgive me if I come back with more questions. Super psyched.

Does anyone know if this program is still interviewing for actual spots or if they are alternate spots only?

Only reason I ask is because another South University PA program said they intended to have their actual spots filled by August since they're a January start program.

Okay. I just got my first interview invite for PA school from this University. I'm not from Georgia, so I'd like to know, how far away is the airport from the University? Is it okay to uber/lyft around the area or will I need to rent a car?

Forgive me if I come back with more questions. Super psyched.[/quote

Congrats on your interview! I came from the west coast for my interview and the airport is about 25-30 mins away from the university. I ended up renting a car for convenience but they do have über as an option. Hope this helps!

Archived