Rural EM offer

Minimum 12 shifts a month. 80% days.

65/hr day shift

75/hr night shift (night solo coverage with 5min or less doc backup)

No overtime paid beyond the 12 hour shift.

Health insurance, dental, vision premiums covered 100%

401K 3% matching

license, DEA, malpractice, tail covered.

No CME $ or time.

No PTO or sick time.

Personal: Would be an 80mile/1.5 hour commute. 1 mountain pass. Group provides an apartment at which to stay and groups your shifts into 2s, 3s and 4s. Anyone done a commute like this? Workable for a work/life balance?

Thanks, all.

Minimum 12 shifts a month. 80% days.

65/hr day shift

75/hr night shift (night solo coverage with 5min or less doc backup)

No overtime paid beyond the 12 hour shift.

Health insurance, dental, vision premiums covered 100%

401K 3% matching

license, DEA, malpractice, tail covered.

No CME $ or time.

No PTO or sick time.

Personal: Would be an 80mile/1.5 hour commute. 1 mountain pass. Group provides an apartment at which to stay and groups your shifts into 2s, 3s and 4s. Anyone done a commute like this? Workable for a work/life balance?

Thanks, all.

I have 3 rural per diem jobs; 3 hrs away, 2 hrs away, 90 min away.  this money looks ok ( i assume days are double coverage), but if this is your primary job you should get  cme, vacation, etc. Each of my per diem jobs would give me full bennies if I was there full time as I may be in the next few months to years. what is your prior experience? are you ready to do solo coverage? Can you manage an emergent airway, a crashing child, anaphylaxis, run a code, etc ? 5 min backup may actually be more like 10-15 to never if the guy is in the shower or out of cell range, etc Most of these positions are best suited to former paramedics or em residency grads with extensive experience.

I have 3 rural per diem jobs; 3 hrs away, 2 hrs away, 90 min away. this money looks ok ( i assume days are double coverage), but if this is your primary job you should get cme, vacation, etc. Each of my per diem jobs would give me full bennies if I was there full time as I may be in the next few months to years. what is your prior experience? are you ready to do solo coverage? Can you manage an emergent airway, a crashing child, anaphylaxis, run a code, etc ? 5 min backup may actually be more like 10-15 to never if the guy is in the shower or out of cell range, etc Most of these positions are best suited to former paramedics or em residency grads with extensive experience.

Thanks for the reply--I figured that there should be some cme and vaca as a primary position!

Archived