Looking to move to Seattle

My wife and I are planning on moving to Seattle this fall. We are both PAs, I work in orthopedics and my wife does urogynecology. We just submitted our applications for WA state license. Roughly how long does it take to get a license? 

We both have 4 years experience and based on current job postings I was thinking our salary would roughly be $115K, is this within reason for a PA with 4 years experience in Seattle? 

I currently work as an inpatient Ortho PA at a teaching hospital and would prefer a similar position. Are there any hospitals other than UW that may have a similar position? I am open to working in a clinic but O.R. time is a must and I am not interested in taking call. 

Any advice is much appreciated. 
Thanks

• Administrator

UW includes Harborview and Children's.  Madigan Army Medical Center is also a large teaching hospital with plenty of civilian PAs.  I don't work in ortho but that salary sounds reasonable... not sure if you can get paid that much for NOT taking call, however.  

I recently received my WA license. It took just over 4 weeks total from the date I SENT my app. in. That includes the time it took for them to send me the finger print cards (which the local law enforcement would not use), me having to wait 3 days to get finger printed and the time in transit back to Olympia. First class mail via USPS is only 2-3 days from me to Olympia, so yours may take longer (or shorter) depending.

• 1 year later...

Archived