• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello to everyone on the thread. Thanks to Frances for starting the thread. Consolidating Class of 2014 applicant info into one spot is very helpful for all of us. My name is Robert & I am re-applying to the program this year and look forward to the opportunity to interview again. David and I have met (hi David!), hello to Frances and Chris - hopefully we will all be meeting face to face this year at an orientation for new students someday soon! Good luck to all of you.

Hi, I just applied for the third time due to a miscommunication with one of my pre-reqs. I am hoping third time is a charm. Good Luck to everyone! Does anyone know what they will ask during the mock interviews and are we expected to bring anything (i.e. a resume)? Thank you.

Michelle

Hello to everyone on the thread. Thanks to Frances for starting the thread. Consolidating Class of 2014 applicant info into one spot is very helpful for all of us. My name is Robert & I am re-applying to the program this year and look forward to the opportunity to interview again. David and I have met (hi David!), hello to Frances and Chris - hopefully we will all be meeting face to face this year at an orientation for new students someday soon! Good luck to all of you.

Good luck this year Robert!! Are you coming to the workshops?

Hi, I just applied for the third time due to a miscommunication with one of my pre-reqs. I am hoping third time is a charm. Good Luck to everyone! Does anyone know what they will ask during the mock interviews and are we expected to bring anything (i.e. a resume)? Thank you.

Michelle

I have no idea what to expect for the mock interviews or what to bring... sorry. But good luck Michelle!

I have no idea what to expect for the mock interviews or what to bring... sorry. But good luck Michelle!

I won't be able to attend the mocks interviews, but I would guess to expect to know your stuff like its the real deal. I did a mock interview with my dad and my uncle and let me tell you THAT was nerve racking...and they were just asking the run of the mill interview type stuff. I even video taped it, but I'm a nerdy former high school QB that likes to watch film :) Once you start hearing yourself talk, that room gets REAAALLY quiet, and its easy to veer from your original answer, and the heart rate increases, tunnel vision ensues, etc...

Know about the program (did somebody say mission?), the profession, and yourself. Get a bad grade? Explain it and own it. Take time to answer your questions and avoid being a 'belt-fed' speaker shooting 1,000 words a minute. If I was attending, I would treat both days as being under observation. You'll be subconsciously making an impact on those around you, so take that for what its worth. I wouldn't stroll in with flip flops and tank tops high fivin' LesH is all i'm saying :) I would bring a pocket notepad and a pen just in case none are provided, but that's about it unless specifically told otherwise.

Hey,

just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Arthur, second time trying to get into PA school, first time applying to SJVC (damn you speech requirement!). I'm from Baltimore, but have lived in San Jose for the last 4 years. I know I'm a little late to the party, but what's up with this "workshop" everyone's talking about? I'm really confident in my interviewing skills, but practice never hurts.

Nice to see everyone today (Well I only know Robert really). I was the guy with the shaved head sitting in the first row. Hope to see everyone next week and good luck to all.

Hey, does anyone have any insight or information regarding the personal statement that we are to write when we show up for our interviews? I have read a ton of the threads here and haven't come across anyone even mentioning it let alone commenting about it.

Thank you,

Chris

Any current or past students who come across this...

What surprised you the most about going to this program? Biggest challenge?

The amount of information that is thrown at you the first few months. It really is overwhelming in the beginning but then we all figured out how to get through it. That is the biggest challenge......at the start lol. The faculty is very good at keeping us on our toes so we don't slack off so just when we think we have a handle on things they toss a wrench in the engine and we all go into a tail spin.

Archived