I have been told that every state has different rules/regulations governing the practice of APN and PA professionals. Does anyone here know if the rules/regulations are more favorable for PA or APN in Arkansas? I am at a cross road in my education and I must make a decision by January as to which path to pursue so I am looking for ANY INFORMATION folks are willing to share to help with this decision. My personal preference would be to follow the path to PA since I feel like the training model (medical vs. nursing based) would be most helpful to me in learning how to care for a patient in a collaborative environment with a physician since there is common ground in training methodology. Again, ANY information would be appreciated.

a buddy of mine who has been a pa for almost 20 yrs just moved there. he said it's like stepping back 20 yrs for pa practice. he has to run every case by a doc, etc. totally ridiculous. not a great pa practice climate by all accounts.

Hello Arkansas, lol, I'm looking at applying to the PA school in Searcy, still trying to build my prerequisites up as i will not apply this time but next year. Interested in any info or sites you can provide as I'm in the sponge mode right now. Here is one I found earlier today so if you know of any better let me know.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Physicians-Assistant-Program

Well the trail is cold on this thread! But I'll take my chances. I am in Little Rock and looking to shadow a PA. I'm applying for next year's class, and I'm an ICU nurse. Would anyone in central Arkansas be willing to allow me to shadow for a day?

Thanks to any who consider.

Well the trail is cold on this thread! But I'll take my chances. I am in Little Rock and looking to shadow a PA. I'm applying for next year's class, and I'm an ICU nurse. Would anyone in central Arkansas be willing to allow me to shadow for a day?

Thanks to any who consider.

I don't know if you've found it yet, but check pashadowonline.com! The last time I checked the only people who seemed really willing to allow shadowing were located in Searcy rather than Little Rock. But that's not too far to drive for a shadowing experience in my opinion.

Unfortunately, I can't be any more specific than saying I'm currently in PA school in Arkansas. I wish I could! I'd love to tell you all about it but I have to stay within the guidelines the program has set. That being said, I wish you the best of luck!