Licensing question

I will be graduating in May of this year. I have heard from some that i should apply for temporary licensing prior to taking the PANCE. Should i be doing anything right now to prepare for licensing after the PANCE or just take the PANCE then follow the steps afterwards? Licensing in the state of Florida for my previous career was a bit of a headache so any "lessons learned" about licensing for PA would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Unless things have changed since I graduated, if you do everything you need for your temporary license, there is nothing else to do but take the PANCE. I received my temporary license within a week of graduating and my permanent license was issued automatically by the state once they received the scores (which happened automatically since I had done everything for my temporary license). Although I never practiced on my temporary license, having it made the rest of the process smooth.

Archived