difference between biochemistry & biological chemistry

I don't know what the difference is (as a chemistry major, you would be the more knowledgeable) but I will tell you that if a school requires a class called "biochemistry" they are not kidding. Before you take something that isn't that specific class, you should talk with the admissions counselor at your favorite PA school and get her opinion on the syllabus. I had a buddy who couldn't apply to one of the schools he wanted because of this - he was a biology major and took several very high level science classes, none of which were "biochemistry" but were very similar. No dice.

Could be different at varying schools, but in my experience biological chemistry is an intro to orgo/biochem that is in a sequence before orgo I and II and biochem. It comes after gen chem I and II. I took biological chemistry and not biochem and Rosalind Franklin told me that I needed to take either another biochem that included genetics or a genetics class because biological chemistry was lacking in genetics.

Archived