California Baptist University

I contacted Stephanie Fluitt maybe a week ago and asked her about a timeline for the remaining admissions process. She said that the first day of interviews was February 8th (didn't say how many they interviewed that day, how many they are looking to interview total, or how many interview sessions/days they're going to have). She said "they are contacting students they are interested in interviewing as they review the files."

Since they're waiting on accreditation (the ARC-PA meets and decides sometime this month) I would imagine (hope?) that they've somewhat halted doing interviews until that has concluded. Just figuring that it is a busy time for the faculty/staff and I'd imagine they have tons of paperwork, etc. and would want to fully focus on interviews when they have time? Just my speculation...

She also said all notification of acceptance/denials should be sent out by the end of April. 

Best of luck to you all!

I contacted Stephanie Fluitt maybe a week ago and asked her about a timeline for the remaining admissions process. She said that the first day of interviews was February 8th (didn't say how many they interviewed that day, how many they are looking to interview total, or how many interview sessions/days they're going to have). She said "they are contacting students they are interested in interviewing as they review the files."

Since they're waiting on accreditation (the ARC-PA meets and decides sometime this month) I would imagine (hope?) that they've somewhat halted doing interviews until that has concluded. Just figuring that it is a busy time for the faculty/staff and I'd imagine they have tons of paperwork, etc. and would want to fully focus on interviews when they have time? Just my speculation...

She also said all notification of acceptance/denials should be sent out by the end of April.

Best of luck to you all!

The Arc-PA meeting was yesterday 3/10-312 so they should hear about their accreditation any day now. I'm guessing they are focusing on that prior to making any decisions. Keep your heads up everyone !!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I interviewed 3/21. During the Q and A session at the end of the interview day, it was confirmed a handful of seats have been awarded to very qualified applicants, but the remaining seats will be awarded once all the interviews are completed. Notifications will be via phone call late April early May. The interview process is very thorough and it was a pleasure to meet the other applicants interviewing that day (twelve in total). I'm even more enamored with this program having met the administrative leadership team. Wishing us all the best as we continue to wait [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

@futurePa82

Oh gotcha! And you just heard from them today? Good luck!!! Don't be. You'll do great! [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, they contacted me Tuesday via phone call and email. I haven't seen anyone posting about their interview experience with CBU, would be awesome if I could find something. 

@ResplendentPA I applied the beginning of September and was invited for an interview in mid to late January, (cannot remember the specific date), and I also interviewed with 12 other applicants.

As for the interview day, we had to take 4 different tests while the other groups were interviewing. It was a group interview of 30 minutes if I am recalling that correctly. The tests were medical terminology, reading comprehension, math and writing.

Once every group interviewed and finished testing we were taken to have lunch in the cafeteria and then were taken on a tour of the campus. Once returning from the interview we had a Q&A session and then were dismissed. They told our interview group that we would hear back by the end of April.

Hope this helped! Good luck everybody!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived