Curious - FP acceptance

Guest *PA*hopeful

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crap! I just verified that...here's what Pam said about your position on the waitlist: "Yes, it does have the potential to change. If someone has a higher score, it could bump you down. We will not take the initiative to notify everyone of their waitlist status, but if you contact us next week, I’d be happy to advise you of your status."

That really sucks! I hope I don't get bumped! I also hope they fill the class this weekend so they can get on to accepting people from the waitlist :)

Hi Kristen. Do you remember if your confirmation letter said something to the effect of "....based on your interview and application we feel you would be a valuable member of 2013 class. We have forwarded your email to the Dean and you will receive a letter from them within 7-10 days." It sounds close to an acceptance letter, but certainly is not official. Was that what your's said?

Congrats to those who got in. I got bumped 5 spots on the waitlist which I am not very happy about. It would be nice to know how many people they accepted off the waitlist last year. Hopefully I will get in somewhere...I'm sick of always being waitlisted! Is anyone else in the same torturous boat?

During/after the interview session I remember them saying that they took almost 100% of the waitlist, because of the start date of the program and applicants accepting other spots. So if you get a decent number on the waitlist you might still be able to get a seat. Anyone know how many people have been accepted so far?

Hey everyone! Congrats to all of you who have been accepted. I am currently a first year in the program. I have noticed that people think that a majority of our class was wait listed and then accepted into the program, I just wanted to clear that up for you guys. Some people absolutely did get in after being wait listed first, but most of the class was not wait listed prior to being accepted, they were accepted right after their interview without being on the wait list first. I just thought I would clear up some confusion on that. I was wait listed a lot at other places and know your frustrations! If any of you have any other questions let me know! good luck to everyone!

I emailed Pam and they are having one more interview (so thats good new to those on the interview waitlist and bad news for those of us on the acceptance waitlist). She said they accepted 20 people from the waitlist last year. Considering there's only 25 spots then most people were on the waitlist it seems. After the next interview I hope I don't get bumped again! I wish they were a little more timely with their interviews rather than doing one every month. I know they have a lot of time before November but it sucks for us, waiting for the rest of our lives to begin and not knowing anything about our future. I've been waiting 2 years and just want the waiting to be over!

I spoke with Pam as well and she confirmed that 20 people were accepted off the waitlist last year. They have 4 more seats still open for a class of 24 and they are looking to fill them at the next interview. I got bumped 5 spots as well, so I was bummed. But hopefully they will continue to utilize the waitlist... good luck all!

• 2 weeks later...
Does anybody know how many people are being interviewed during the last interview session?

I'm not sure how many people will be at the last interview, but I was invited and will be there. For those who already had the interview, how was your experience? Any advice?

Archived