Need attorney with experience with OR Medical Board

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By ShaneG412
      Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing well, like many of you I am waiting to hear back from PA schools to see if I will be invited for an interview. I wanted to seek out constructive criticism and advice on how I can improve my chances of getting an interview not only for this cycle but next cycle if I don't get in. (a little side note I just recently switched from the D.O pathway to the PA route my Junior year and I am extremely happy with the decision but I am behind on the hours as I just switched pathways this winter.)
      Heres some stats from my application
      -Accumulative GPA: 3.62
      -Science GPA: 3.76
      -GRE: 313 Overall / 157 Verbal / 152 Quantattive / 4.0 Writing
      -Shadowing: 4 MDs and PAs for about 20 hours. (this was a struggle as I just started PA shadowing right before the pandemic but hopefully I can add to this in August!)
      -Healthcare Hours with direct patient contact: About 500 hours with about half being a nursing assistant and the other half being an assistant athletic trainer. (Another weak point but I should be close to 700 hours by the time interviews roll around and I could definitely pass 1000 before I matriculate if accepted)
      -Volunteer Hours: A little bit over 100 hours
      -I have a good amount of extracurriculars and leadership roles along with published research (which I am hoping will make up for some of the weak areas of my application)
      Again I appreciate any advice on how I can improve my chances for this cycle and/or next cycle if I (knock on wood) don't get in this year. I wish everyone on here the best in their applications and their journey to becoming a practicing PA!
      Best Regards,
      Shane
    • By PotentialPA1
      I’ve already been gathering my PCE/HCE by volunteering as an EMT, working as a Scribe, and working as a DSP at a home for people with head injuries. So, volunteering at an animal shelter would simply just be my “giving back to the community” addition to my application. I love animals so this would be really satisfying for me to do in my spare time, when I’m not working with humans lol. Would schools look at this at all, or is it just a waste of my time that I should be spending working at a soup kitchen or something? I understand that a soup kitchen would probably be better and I plan on doing something like that once covid is over but for now my friend is starting up her own animal shelter and I would love for this to count for my application and make me look better to schools.
    • By Reana
      Hi I was wondering if I should include grants such as the Pell Grant or Texas Excellence Grant as a part of achievements in the CASPA application? It is not necessarily a scholarship, I believe it can be included as an award. Has anyone ever done so? 
    • By medunlea
      Hi! Does anyone know of any programs that once required the GRE and are now no longer requiring it this year due to COVID? I wanted to apply to a few more schools but haven’t taken the GRE. Thanks!
    • By illini96
      So I am currently trying to figure out my credits and classes for the applications but I am having a lot of trouble matching courses. My college was a private college that went by trimesters. My classes were 3 credits each and they did not offer general biology. Instead the sequence went Zoology, Cellular Biology, and Botany and they were 3 credits each. So, if a program requires 4 credits of General Biology, does this mean that those three classes will not satisfy the requirement? Will I have to retake the classes somewhere else then? 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More