Help with finding Family med rotation in OHIO

Hi, I am a current PA student about to start clinical rotations in June. The college I am at right now is finding it difficult to place me in a Family medicine rotation in Cincinnati OH and so I am asking anyone on here if they are willing, or know someone who is willing to be my preceptor. 

Some quick details: It would be 2 five week rotations in family medicine with at least 32-40 hrs of work per week. Ideally the first family medicine rotation will be my first (starting in June) and then the second one will be my last rotation (June 2017) with some flexibility as needed. The program wants it this way so that we can see how much we have developed in our clinical skills over the year.

If you are willing or know of anyone in the Cincinnati area that is willing to help me out please PM me and I will give you more details.

Thank you all for your time.

Good luck on your search, however I think it is against accreditation standards for students to be required to set up their own rotations though?

Sometimes you have to identify them if they aren't existing rotations through your school and it's a specific location you want to go to.  I.e. I'm sure the OP's school has FM rotations available for him/her but if they specifically want to do them in Cincy, they have to find their own. (I'm assuming the program isn't in Cincy or even OH) The school will still have to set it up officially as a rotation and ensure that it meets standards, but you can 'self identify' rotations.  It's usually more common when someone wants to go back to their home town/state and work with someone they know for an elective, though.

MT2PA is right on all accounts for the most part. Cincinnati is a tough place to find preceptors because of all the other programs (PA and med schools) in the area. Plus the preceptors that use to take students for my program have moved out of Cincinnati or have retired making it more difficult to find a preceptor in that area.   

Hi, I am a current PA student about to start clinical rotations in June. The college I am at right now is finding it difficult to place me in a Family medicine rotation in Cincinnati OH and so I am asking anyone on here if they are willing, or know someone who is willing to be my preceptor. 

Some quick details: It would be 2 five week rotations in family medicine with at least 32-40 hrs of work per week. Ideally the first family medicine rotation will be my first (starting in June) and then the second one will be my last rotation (June 2017) with some flexibility as needed. The program wants it this way so that we can see how much we have developed in our clinical skills over the year.

If you are willing or know of anyone in the Cincinnati area that is willing to help me out please PM me and I will give you more details.

Thank you all for your time.

Archived