Waitlisted?

I think they sent out rejection letters to most and put 60 of us on the wait list for interviews. The class is full, but if students drop to go to other programs they will contact people from the wait list to come interview and potentially fill the spot vacated by people who decide not to attend NYIT. Anyone interpret it differently?

• 4 weeks later...
I think they sent out rejection letters to most and put 60 of us on the wait list for interviews. The class is full, but if students drop to go to other programs they will contact people from the wait list to come interview and potentially fill the spot vacated by people who decide not to attend NYIT. Anyone interpret it differently?

That's exactly what I gathered. Reject the majority and keep those that they would like to interview if/when space becomes available. They will see who accepts and PAYS the deposit and who pays and later withdraws, then revisit the wait list and start interviewing. As I have already been accepted to two other programs, I will be taking myself off the wait list. It seems that they cap at 60 and don't add on as people withdraw from the list, so the more people that withdraw from the list, the better your chances of getting an interview in the future. Good luck!

That's exactly what I gathered. Reject the majority and keep those that they would like to interview if/when space becomes available. They will see who accepts and PAYS the deposit and who pays and later withdraws, then revisit the wait list and start interviewing. As I have already been accepted to two other programs, I will be taking myself off the wait list. It seems that they cap at 60 and don't add on as people withdraw from the list, so the more people that withdraw from the list, the better your chances of getting an interview in the future. Good luck!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived