Sign in to follow this  
ScienceisAmazin

ENT for the PA-C Conference - March/April 2016

I am surprised they have an ENT conference specifically for PA's.  In California, there are only 50 or so ENT PA's in the entire state... so maybe 500 in the whole US?

I started working in ENT in September and loving it, my SP wants me to attend this course, I even joined the SPAO-HNS, Im the only PA in ENT here in southern Missouri

Joe1968- That's great! Will you be attending any of the workshops Thursday? I got in to 3 but couldn't snag a spot in the procedures one. (I'm hoping they may allow me to observe at least.) How have you found your transition to be?

My background was general surgery and 6 years of pain management, transsitioning to ENT was a bit challenge, there is some steep lerning curve but after working for 5 months now I am starting to get comfortable.

ENT is what I would call a specialty withing a specialty, meaning there are a lot os sub-specialties within otolaryngology, our specialty was head and neck surgery, we do a lot of parotidectomy, thyroidectomy, T&A, BMT.

I applied for the conference back in November and honestly I forgot about it until I saw this thread yesterday (thanks), I would need to remind our office manager

I would love to attend as many workshops as possible, I like workshops better than lectures, lol

update:    

I wont be able to attend , my application was late :(

and I was told this is the first time they are doing this lecture/workshop and currently the slots is full and there are 17 people on the waiting list. I will try again next year and will put my application early, next year will be in Chicago which is closer since I live in Missouri.

for those of you who will be attending, please post and give us an update I'm really exited and curios, I think it will be a great experience, like I said since this is the first time they are organizing this I guess they did not anticipate the large number of ENT PA's out there lol

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By SNA3189
      Hi all! I was wondering if anyone was going to the ENT for the PA-C Conference coming up in April down in Orlando? This will be my first year attending and I've heard great things from my colleagues! 
      If you've gone in the past, are there any specific workshops you would absolutely recommend?
    • By SEMPA
      Registration now open for SEMPA 360 being held April 14-18, 2019 in New Orleans, Louisiana!
      Come learn from the best educators in emergency medicine. Conference favorites include Kevin Klauer, Amy Keim, Haney Mallemat, Michael Winters, and Richard Cantor to name a few. The EM:RAP team will also be joining us again in New Orleans for a day of learning along with a special meet-and-greet to visit with some of your favorite EM:RAP stars!
      Over twenty workshops will give you the skills needed in emergency procedures, airway management, ultrasound, slit lamp, suturing, x-ray interpretation, teaching, ECG interpretation, and more!
      Over 40 lecture sessions will cover topics such as critical care, trauma, pediatric emergency medicine, ophthalmology, cardiovascular emergencies, GI disorders, infectious disease, literature updates, and high risk emergency medicine.
      There are also plenty of social activities to enjoy with old and new friends. A wine and cheese reception, opening party at Mardi Gras World, and the SEMPA Quiz Bowl competition will welcome you to the EMPA event of the year.
      CME is available for PAs, physicians, and NPs.
      The discount for early bird registration ends Feb 13. The hotel room block is also limited so sign up now!
      For more information:
      https://www.sempa.org/sempa360

• By rach6790
      I have been working in ENT outpatient for almost 2 years. As of now I have been seeing my own patients. But in the last 6 months one of the physicians in the group wanted me to send the supervising physician my new patient notes so that they could sign off on it (apparently this is actually a rule of the hospital in which I work, but not in the state ). Most of the the supervising physicians will read the note, let me know if there's anything I may have missed and sign off on it. However,  one of the physicians wants to see every new patient with me (since she is signing off on the note). I understand why she wants to see the patient with me, but it cuts into both of our schedules. We are now thinking maybe I'll see patients with her (help with postop patients - taking out sutures etc, counseling before surgery) some days. 
      I'm wondering how other ENT PAs function in an outpatient setting. Any insight would be so helpful, thank you! 
    • By SEMPA
      Registration now open for SEMPA 360 being held May 3-7, 2018 in San Antonio, Texas!
      Come learn from the best educators in emergency medicine. Conference favorites include Kevin Klauer, Amy Keim, Haney Mallemat, Michael Winters, and Richard Cantor to name a few. The EM:RAP team will also be joining us in San Antonio.
      Twenty workshops will give you the skills needed in emergency procedures, airway management, ultrasound, slit lamp, suturing, x-ray interpretation, ECG interpretation, and more!
      Over 40 lecture sessions will cover topics such as critical care, trauma, pediatric emergency medicine, ENT, ophthalmology, cardiovascular emergencies, GI disorders, infectious disease, literature updates, and high risk emergency medicine.
      There are also plenty of social activities to enjoy with old and new friends. A wine and cheese reception, closing party on the Riverwalk at Lonesome Dove and Grotto, and the SEMPA Quiz Bowl competition will welcome you to the EMPA event of the year.
      The discount for early bird registration ends Feb 28. The hotel room block is also limited so sign up now!
      For more information:
      https://www.sempa.org/conference/
    • By SEMPA
      Registration now open for SEMPA 360 being held May 3-7, 2018 in San Antonio, Texas!
      Come learn from the best educators in emergency medicine. Conference favorites include Kevin Klauer, Amy Keim, Haney Mallemat, Michael Winters, and Richard Cantor to name a few. The EM:RAP team will also be joining us in San Antonio.
      Twenty workshops will give you the skills needed in emergency procedures, airway management, ultrasound, slit lamp, suturing, x-ray interpretation, ECG interpretation, and more!
      Over 40 lecture sessions will cover topics such as critical care, trauma, pediatric emergency medicine, ENT, ophthalmology, cardiovascular emergencies, GI disorders, infectious disease, literature updates, and high risk emergency medicine.
      There are also plenty of social activities to enjoy with old and new friends. A wine and cheese reception, closing party on the Riverwalk at Lonesome Dove and Grotto, and the SEMPA Quiz Bowl competition will welcome you to the EMPA event of the year.
      The discount for early bird registration ends Feb 28. The hotel room block is also limited so sign up now!
      For more information:
      https://www.sempa.org/conference/

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More