Has anyone taken any online courses at UNE? Do you have any tips to offer?

I was recommended by a PA advisor to take an additional anatomy course prior going to PA school. I'm currently taking UNE's Anatomy 1005 course (Anatomy for Medical Professionals) and just took the first exam. I'm a little lost as to how to study for this course (and unfortunately, the professor hasn't been too helpful.) Does anyone have any studying advice for how to approach this course? 

I'd appreciate any help! 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/17/2016 at 6:38 PM, PA2017m said:

Has anyone taken any online courses at UNE? Do you have any tips to offer?

I was recommended by a PA advisor to take an additional anatomy course prior going to PA school. I'm currently taking UNE's Anatomy 1005 course (Anatomy for Medical Professionals) and just took the first exam. I'm a little lost as to how to study for this course (and unfortunately, the professor hasn't been too helpful.) Does anyone have any studying advice for how to approach this course? 

I'd appreciate any help! 

Hello! I am currently taking the course too, do you have any tips hat helped you pass the course? 

Thanks! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By beccapolyack
      Hey, everybody! Fairly new here. I’ve been scrolling through other threads on this site regarding recommended online schools for prerequisite courses. A few of the threads are extremely helpful but several years old, so I wanted to start a more contemporary thread in case online school qualities have changed or there are any new ones. 
      I’m looking to take biochemistry and anatomy online. Ideally a low price would be great, but a self-paced online course is most important to me considering my current career and associated time restrictions. 
      I’ve been looking heavily at UNE for both courses but have heard mixed reviews. Any recommendations or suggestions based on your experiences, for UNE or others?
      Thank you so much!
      Becca
    • By MACSID
      I am finishing up an 8 week session of Medical Terminology and Biochemistry with Doane online this week.  I will start another 8 week session in January that will consist of BIOX 355 (Human anatomy) and BIOX 356 (Human Physiology).  Has anyone taken these 2 classes at the same time (not to be confused with A&P I or II)?  I'm wondering if it will be much more difficult than the current 8 week session with Biochem.  The professors are Eggert and McMillin for the next 2 classes.  I'm hoping I'm not the only one crazy enough to do both full classes in 8 weeks.  Tell me it's doable!
    • By sairah28
      Hi! 
      I was seeing if anyone has taken classes at either UNE online or Doane's University, specifically Orgo Chem I and II and biochem. I've heard mixed reviews about both. How are the classes set up and how are we graded and are they set lectures? Does anyone know how it's different during COVID? Do PA schools accepts these classes from these schools? 
      Thanks!! 
    • By sameenafarhen
      Hi everybody,
      I am a current Pre-PA student and I have a couple of questions about online medical assistant courses. The course I am talking about in particular is U.S. Career Institute's Medical Assistant program. I came across this course and I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with this company, and if you have, how did you like it? This course is a lot cheaper than other courses in the area I live in (Bay Area), and seems like a good deal for the price. (My local CC is teaching a medical assistant course for over $2500 while this website charges about $1240 for the whole course plus textbooks) This program also has a 9.3 out of 10 star rating on Trustpilot, and everybody seems to be raving about it online.  Another reason why I am interested in this program is because it has very flexible coursework which is great for my busy schedule. I would really appreciate it if somebody can advise me regarding this website, as I am still very new to the PA and medical world. 

Thank you in advance! ?
      Sameena
    • By katy24
      Hello, I am very interested in UNE PA school and was hoping that a current student would be able to provide some information on clinical rotations. There does not seem to be any information online about it. Are the rotations in Maine? Are they set up by the program or do students set them up themselves? Any other info would be great! Thanks

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More