Class of 2014 Admissions

Hi everyone! I am interviewing with Lock Haven on January 14th and was wondering if anybody knew how many people got interviews this year? After reading previous years threads, it seems as though Lock Haven interviews 200-400 students. However, I thought I heard they interview around 150. Hoping someone could clarify this??

Yes, they are interviewing around 200 for 60-70 slots available (from what I can tell) at the four campuses. However, they are pretty clear that they will not issue final decisions regarding admissions (if you make it through the first cut after interviews) until the end of February or early March. I know, it leaves it a little close for those of us having to move from somewhere far.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't yet. Last year I interviewed on a Friday and got a letter in the mail the following Friday telling me they were holding my application for further review/comparison. The lady I interviewed with this year said to expect pretty much the same thing again. Apparently only about 10% of the people interviewed from each session will get accepted immediately, a few will get rejection letters, and the majority are put "on hold" until all the interviews are completed.

I haven't yet. Last year I interviewed on a Friday and got a letter in the mail the following Friday telling me they were holding my application for further review/comparison. The lady I interviewed with this year said to expect pretty much the same thing again. Apparently only about 10% of the people interviewed from each session will get accepted immediately, a few will get rejection letters, and the majority are put "on hold" until all the interviews are completed.

Just a thought--when my husband interviewed there in December they told him it was "rare" that a student would receive an offer of admission prior to the final review session in late Feb/early March. In all likelihood, most of us received the same letter and will simply have to wait until the admissions committee is done interviewing. Nerve-wracking? Definitely. But much more positive in outlook!! Remember, there are 60-70 slots, so there's a one in three chance if invited to the interview!! Good luck!

Archived