2016-2017 CHA/PA Application Cycle

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Facebook page is made by the program in February! I can't wait!

I can't wait either! I'm so excited to meet our class!

Good to know about the FB page. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone! I'm flying out to CO tomorrow to look at apartments and I'm excited to see the campus while not being preoccupied with thoughts of an interview. Anyone else looking at apartments yet?

Good to know about the FB page. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone! I'm flying out to CO tomorrow to look at apartments and I'm excited to see the campus while not being preoccupied with thoughts of an interview. Anyone else looking at apartments yet?

I have been researching apartments online. My dad has to be in Denver for work next week and is planning on looking at a couple of the ones I found. I would love to hear what you find!

I have been researching apartments online. My dad has to be in Denver for work next week and is planning on looking at a couple of the ones I found. I would love to hear what you find!

I currently live in Denver and work on the Anschutz campus, so let me know if you guys have any questions! I have some friends in the med school here and I would say a lot of people live in either lowry or stapleton. Both of those places are pretty close and somewhat affordable (Denver's rent prices have gotten pretty ridiculous in the past few years).

I currently live in Denver and work on the Anschutz campus, so let me know if you guys have any questions! I have some friends in the med school here and I would say a lot of people live in either lowry or stapleton. Both of those places are pretty close and somewhat affordable (Denver's rent prices have gotten pretty ridiculous in the past few years).

Thanks, sarcher9. Hlester, I'm looking at five apartments: 21 Fitzsimons (Fitzsimons), Avenue 8 (Montclair), Lowry North (East Colfax), AMLI (Lowry), and Legend Oaks (Cherry Creek South). Lowry or Stapleton looks like good places to live if I want to live between downtown and campus, i'll check out the areas!

Hello! Is there a Facebook group for accepted students? 

I think the Facebook page is made by the program in February! I can't wait!

There may not be a Facebook group for the CHA/PA class yet, but I know of one for all students attending the Anschutz Medical Campus! Super exciting to see the events they're holding. There's also been some housing posts for those already looking!

Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1423838631165735/

Hey JMSch,

I am also looking at apartments in the area. I looked at the 21 Fitzsimons since it was so close. Let me know what you think. 

There may not be a Facebook group for the CHA/PA class yet, but I know of one for all students attending the Anschutz Medical Campus! Super exciting to see the events they're holding. There's also been some housing posts for those already looking!

Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1423838631165735/

Thanks, sarcher9. Hlester, I'm looking at five apartments: 21 Fitzsimons (Fitzsimons), Avenue 8 (Montclair), Lowry North (East Colfax), AMLI (Lowry), and Legend Oaks (Cherry Creek South). Lowry or Stapleton looks like good places to live if I want to live between downtown and campus, i'll check out the areas!

I know it's still early, but I've been looking into buying some real estate near the campus, specifically in Stapleton or Aurora. I'm hoping to buy a 2 bedroom - if not a 3 bedroom - house, so I will definitely be needing roommates. I bet other people will have rooms available, as well, so keep this in mind if the apartments you find are too expensive/too far/etc.! :)

I made myself look like a big tourist taking some videos of the places I've visited with intentions of posting it on this forum, but I can't figure it out at the moment. 21 Fitzsimmons is really cool, I most likely will be living closer to downtown for my first year but definitely during the second I'll be living at 21 Fitzsimmons. It's dope.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you guys know if Kay will let us know if/when she receives our transcripts and stuff?

@sarcher9 Yes she does! :) I went ahead and asked her to just send me an email to make sure she got it, but it seems like they do that by default because I ended up getting 2 emails about it. 

Hello everyone!

I'm gearing up for applying to PA schools this upcoming cycle with the dream of Colorado in mind! Would any accepted applicants be willing to reveal their stats or give any tips on what makes an applicant to Colorado successful? I'm not sure if there is any in-state bias at this school but I will be an out-of-state applicant if that means anything.

Thanks everyone, and congrats on those accepted!

@Rudeboyirie  

I think the first mistake you'll make is to ask for people stats, because I promise you I still have no idea how these schools pick and choose applicants and this is my second time applying. I did the same thing and it always made me really anxious when I saw someone I was interviewing with who had better stats than me. If you can look at the websites prereqs and confidently say you fit all or most of the criteria... then apply! I applied to multiple schools 2 yrs in a row and I have only ever had 2 interviews, you can never really know what they want exactly. My two biggest pieces of advice for you...

1. Start your CASPA early!! And I mean before the thing even comes out!! The first year around I was so unprepared for how lengthy the application was and it showed in the quality of my application. So the second time around I compiled EVERYTHING I would need for it. I got all my volunteer, work, certifications, etc compiled together ahead to time and finished my essay before it came out. This allowed me to submit within the first week it was released. I think this saved me quite a bit since most applications are rolling.

2. Stay true to yourself. When it comes to your essay, experience, interview, etc. Don't do everything based on what you THINK schools are looking for. Find your story and your purpose for wanting to be a PA and show your uniqueness. This will allow you to stand out and find the school that is the right fit for you. :)

As far as in state bias, I am from Colorado but I saw people from all over the country at my interview. They also show their admissions stats online and from what I remember they have been pretty fair to make sure to accept the same amount of out of state students. 

Good luck! Hope this helps!

So a current student forwarded me the Summer 2015 Booklist for this year's freshman class. They mentioned there's a good chance our booklist won't be completely identical, but if you want to get a head start on the reading it's worth looking into! I'm not sure how to post pdf files to the thread, so if you want it i'll be happy to forward it to you if you DM me your email.

Looking forward to meeting you all

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys! I'm not applying this cycle but I am trying to find PAs to shadow and its VERY difficult! Either their hospitals/clinics don't allow shadowers or they're just too busy. I would love to shadow in the ED but I'll shadow any PA! Are there good places to contact? I've applied to the Littleton Hospital shadowing program and I was going to apply to Denver Health's but it says you have to already know the practitioner and have confirmed its okay to shadow...which I can't even find a PA through Denver Health's website...any help and/or tips? (:

Archived