2016-2017 CHA/PA Application Cycle

Thank you for the information. That is what it seemed like on the last posts :(:( Hoping for a wait list spot. Do you know when they let students know if they were waitlisted or not?

I don't think the waitlist is decided until after the last interview (which looks like 10/21). 

The admissions committee meets after each interview,  but I'm not sure if students from previous sessions are considered then.

Good luck everyone!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked Kay Dealer when we can expect to hear whether we have gotten an interview or not. This is what she said: "I will send out interview invitations through mid October. The latest you will hear from me is mid November."

Thank you so much! I guess there is still hope. Finger crossed! 

Congrats you two! I emailed Kay this week after I was accepted into another school asking her about when we would hear regarding acceptance, denial, etc and this is what she replied:  

We do have rolling admission decisions – so you could hear anytime through mid-Nov.  Unfortunately, I do not have any further updates at this time.  I know that is a hard decision.

I interviewed on 9/16 and haven't heard anything.  I emailed Kay after I was accepted into another school asking her about when we would hear regarding acceptance, denial, etc and this is what she replied:

We do have rolling admission decisions – so you could hear anytime through mid-Nov.  Unfortunately, I do not have any further updates at this time.  I know that is a hard decision.

Good luck to everyone interviewing this week!

I received the invite this morning to interview Oct 21.

CASPA verified July 10 and I received the under review email July 11.

Also received an invitation this morning to interview on October 21st! I am so incredibly excited for this.

Just got a call last week and confirmed my interview Oct 21st! Cant wait to meet you guys there and good luck to those interviewing already!

Also interviewing Oct. 21, can't wait!

To those of you interviewing today: GOOD LUCK!

For those interviewing on October 21, would anyone be interested in meeting up the evening before, just for an hour or so? I interviewed at another program earlier this week, and met up with several other interviewees the night before and it really helped calm all of our nerves. Plus, it was really helpful to see some familiar faces the following morning and throughout the interview day.

I will be staying at the SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus (basically directly across the street from the campus), and am not too familiar with the area, but would be willing to coordinate a little meet up if others are interested :)

Let me know!

-Abbie

For those interviewing on October 21, would anyone be interested in meeting up the evening before, just for an hour or so? I interviewed at another program earlier this week, and met up with several other interviewees the night before and it really helped calm all of our nerves. Plus, it was really helpful to see some familiar faces the following morning and throughout the interview day.

I will be staying at the SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus (basically directly across the street from the campus), and am not too familiar with the area, but would be willing to coordinate a little meet up if others are interested :)

Let me know!

-Abbie

Hey Abbie,

Ill be staying a little farther from campus but if we can work out a time to possibly meet up I would be all for it. This will be my first interview of the year so Id like to calm my nerves and maybe get a few pointers from you and others if they can meet up as well!

-Nicole

Let me know!

-Abbie

Hey Abbie,

Ill be staying a little farther from campus but if we can work out a time to possibly meet up I would be all for it. This will be my first interview of the year so Id like to calm my nerves and maybe get a few pointers from you and others if they can meet up as well!

-Nicole

I am also staying further away from campus and would the love the opportunity to meet you two and anyone else interviewing before the fateful day. 

-Hannah

does that mean that if we haven't heard back yet we are to assume that it is very unlikely to get an interview at this point?

I'm in the same boat.. do we not get notified via email if we don't get an interview spot at any interview date, like a rejection email? I was verified back in July..and I haven't heard anything back.

I was in the September 16th group of interviews and was accepted. I just wanted to give out a few words of encouragement and advice to those who are waiting for their interviews. I was able to interview at another school before my CU interview and I realized some significant things that I think really helped me in getting that acceptance.

First off, remember that while and interview is a great opportunity for the staff to get to know you, it's also a great time to make sure this school is the right fit. I knew as soon as I walked on campus and met the faculty that this school was the right fit for me. I just felt RIGHT, something I didn't experience in my first interview. My first interview I was so nervous and every response I said felt forced because I knew deep down this wasn't the right school for me. My interview with CU felt amazing! I walked out and felt like I had every opportunity to really show my personality and just felt much more comfortable. 

Secondly, do not form your responses to something you think that the interviewers want you to say. If you really believe in something, stick to that and express to them why you feel that way. Make sure to share YOUR story, thats what you are there for! Before any of my interviewers, I did some mock interviews and one of the first things they told me was that all of my answers were extremely generic. They in no way expressed what my background was or why I believe what I believe. I dug a little deeper and was able to really express some personal stories. While those are always hard to tell someone you've never met, it can really be the difference between you showing who you are or not! 

Third, remember that you have an interview and that is a HUGE deal. No matter what happens, you should be so proud that you have made it this far. Thousands of people applied and YOU were chosen! Be confident that your skills, knowledge, and experience are what got you here. Don't compare yourself to any one else!! 

I wish you all the best of luck!! :)

Archived