2016-2017 CHA/PA Application Cycle

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This will be my second time applying! Be sure to apply ASAP. Rolling applications are a huge part of who gets interviews before others. I took a long time to turn in my stuff last year and that really hurt me. Good luck everyone! Colorado is a great place to live! 

Hey everyone! I have my CASPA submitted but I am still working on my supplemental app. Does anyone have any insight as to what they are looking for on the autobiographical essay? It's such a broad topic I am having a hard time with it. Thanks!

Hfillnan,

They are looking for an autobiography. If you read the instructions they really just want to know more about you not why you want to go to their school or why you want to be a PA.

It took me about a week to write it, because I was struggling like you are. However, I took the milesHenson1 approach in the end.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For the past few years, I have looked to CHA's program as a baseline program for which I would eventually meet all of their requirements (I'm not saying "safety" school because that CLEARLY does not exist and I am still so anxious), but I always thought CHA was an 'easier' program to get in to because they do not technically require health care experience.

For those that have said they hear this is really hard to get in to, I imagine it is because so many people apply?? Are their requirements more strict than what is listed on the website?

My stats:

sGPA: 3.87

cGPA: 3.90

Biology & Anthropology, BA

~2,900 to ~3,500 (if they count til application deadline, which technically CHA does not) PCE hours, as CNA and then MA/phlebotomist

380 hrs HCE as dental sterilization tech in HS

~90 shadowing hours (PA/Physician)

~250 volunteer (non healthcare related)

GRE 323 overall

Letters from Undergrad Physiology/nutrition professor and 2 physicians I work with as an MA (but no PA letter!)

HopefulPAstudent2016, As much as I myself like to be masochistic and compare myself to everyone else's stats (and here I am contributing) I wouldn't. Just apply, because it seems like there are so many factors that go into an acceptance anyway! And CHA's program seems like it has a lot of lee-way in who they accept, considering their guidelines don't appear to be overly restrictive (no PCE required, no specific LOR's required, etc)

(I just submitted my supplemental today and am thrilled to finally be playing the waiting game. Now I can go do other things without a to-do list of essays to write-- wahoo!)

Good luck and don't stress! 

For the past few years, I have looked to CHA's program as a baseline program for which I would eventually meet all of their requirements (I'm not saying "safety" school because that CLEARLY does not exist and I am still so anxious), but I always thought CHA was an 'easier' program to get in to because they do not technically require health care experience.

For those that have said they hear this is really hard to get in to, I imagine it is because so many people apply?? Are their requirements more strict than what is listed on the website?

My stats:

sGPA: 3.87

cGPA: 3.90

Biology & Anthropology, BA

~2,900 to ~3,500 (if they count til application deadline, which technically CHA does not) PCE hours, as CNA and then MA/phlebotomist

380 hrs HCE as dental sterilization tech in HS

~90 shadowing hours (PA/Physician)

~250 volunteer (non healthcare related)

GRE 323 overall

Letters from Undergrad Physiology/nutrition professor and 2 physicians I work with as an MA (but no PA letter!)

HopefulPAstudent2016, As much as I myself like to be masochistic and compare myself to everyone else's stats (and here I am contributing) I wouldn't. Just apply, because it seems like there are so many factors that go into an acceptance anyway! And CHA's program seems like it has a lot of lee-way in who they accept, considering their guidelines don't appear to be overly restrictive (no PCE required, no specific LOR's required, etc)

(I just submitted my supplemental today and am thrilled to finally be playing the waiting game. Now I can go do other things without a to-do list of essays to write-- wahoo!)

Good luck and don't stress! 

Their program is one of the more difficult programs to get into because they are top 5 in the nation, the only masters PA program in CO (so pretty much everyone in CO applies here and CO is an attractive place to live) and the only pediatric focused PA program, so they have a TON of applicants every year and can basically pick whoever they want in their upcoming class without much worry that the applicant will choose a different school. Read their students' bios on their website to get a feel what type of applicant they are looking for. It's not just about stats since they have so many competitive applicants applying every year

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

I will be there September 16th as well. Did you get an email back from Kay when you replied to confirm? I have not yet but I know she must be busy so was going to wait to email her to make sure she got my confirmation on Friday. I had my application completed on June 1st.

I replied to her email, but have not received a response back yet. I'm sure she will send out an email to all confirmed interviewees at the same time with further info. 

Archived