INDIANA: Trine University

Submitted my CASPA app May 26th and the same day I got an email saying my application was screened and remains "active and open" and to "await a follow up message". I have not received an email or call regarding an interview at this time. Is anyone else in a similar situation? Not sure what it means and they are unable to review your individual application with you.

•  

On 8/12/2020 at 9:11 PM, Meilinsmith said:

@hausch Congrats on your interview! If you don't mind me asking, how did they contact you? Did they email or call you? Also what would you say was the time frame from when you submitted your application to when they contacted you. 

I was contacted over email. I believe I submitted my CASPA application in late May or early June. They emailed the interview invite on 6/30. 

Guest butterpecan
On 8/9/2020 at 11:06 PM, sw1221 said:

Submitted my CASPA app May 26th and the same day I got an email saying my application was screened and remains "active and open" and to "await a follow up message". I have not received an email or call regarding an interview at this time. Is anyone else in a similar situation? Not sure what it means and they are unable to review your individual application with you.

•  

I received that exact same e-mail as well. The way I took is that we're still being considered in the total applicant pool but they are waiting off to offer an interview yet but who knows really 

• 3 weeks later...

I think today was the first round of interviews, I had a great experience with them! 

I felt like I was nervous for nothing because they were extremely welcoming. 

Sorry for those wanting more details about the interview process, although the confidentiality agreements have not come up for this cycle for any school I've interviewed at, I'm wary about giving out that information.

I know someone will ask for stats so I'll give a rough idea since I don't want anyone unnecessarily stressing over the numbers (PA school admissions is such a holistic process that although stats can be helpful, tbh I feel that we as applicants stress too much about the exact numbers).

PCE: On the lower end
GPA: slightly high 
Worked for years in a non-medical job (non-traditional applicant)

On 9/12/2020 at 6:52 PM, JanetS13 said:

I think today was the first round of interviews, I had a great experience with them! 

I felt like I was nervous for nothing because they were extremely welcoming. 

Sorry for those wanting more details about the interview process, although the confidentiality agreements have not come up for this cycle for any school I've interviewed at, I'm wary about giving out that information.

I know someone will ask for stats so I'll give a rough idea since I don't want anyone unnecessarily stressing over the numbers (PA school admissions is such a holistic process that although stats can be helpful, tbh I feel that we as applicants stress too much about the exact numbers).

PCE: On the lower end
GPA: slightly high 
Worked for years in a non-medical job (non-traditional applicant)

Have you received an email yet? I was informed I was placed on the waitlist.

I received an acceptance yesterday as well! I interviewed 9/12. Trine has an incredible program and phenomenal faculty. Fort Wayne has an amazing hospital system as well (Parkview, Lutheran, Dupont, St. Joe). They are also planning to build 2 new hospitals. One of which will be downtown. 🙂 

PS. Apt recommendations: I have stayed in Willow Creek Crossing, which is a nice little apartment/townhouse complex. It's a drive to Trine (20min), but rent runs about 500 for 1 bed 1 bath. Spacious & pretty decent maintenance. It's in Waynedale, but this road isn't sketchy at all. It's also 5 minutes from I69. 

Also was accepted on the 14th!

On 9/14/2020 at 4:14 PM, haneylm said:

Have you received an email yet? I was informed I was placed on the waitlist.

sorry for the delay, I received a phone call. It's still extremely early in the cycle so they'll likely be some movement in the class/taking people off the waitlist, so crossing fingers for you.

On 9/15/2020 at 5:07 AM, dduff said:

I received an acceptance yesterday as well! I interviewed 9/12. Trine has an incredible program and phenomenal faculty. Fort Wayne has an amazing hospital system as well (Parkview, Lutheran, Dupont, St. Joe). They are also planning to build 2 new hospitals. One of which will be downtown. 🙂 

PS. Apt recommendations: I have stayed in Willow Creek Crossing, which is a nice little apartment/townhouse complex. It's a drive to Trine (20min), but rent runs about 500 for 1 bed 1 bath. Spacious & pretty decent maintenance. It's in Waynedale, but this road isn't sketchy at all. It's also 5 minutes from I69. 

Thanks a million duff for the apt rec and congrats! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/9/2020 at 11:06 PM, sw1221 said:

•  

I received this email as well. Did you happen to get any updates?

Hey y'all! I am a first year student at Trine 🙂 I believe there is only one more interview. I HIGHLY suggest applying as early as possible to Trine. I know its great that they have a March 1 due date but I don't believe they ever interview pass January (at least in the past 2 years). If you have any questions please feel free to DM me! please refrain from asking stats or what happens in the interview 🙂 good luck everyone and PLEASE do not give up. Took me 3 attempts to get into Trine! 

• 7 months later...
On 8/23/2021 at 11:48 AM, hopefulPAC123 said:

Hi guys! I haven’t seen anyone post about the 21-22 cycle yet! Has anyone received an interview for this cycle? Last year it looked like their first date was mid september.

Hey there! I applied the first week of June, was invited for the July 27 interview date, and decided to ask to be in the August interviews due to an unavoidable family conflict. I was accepted yesterday! Good luck everyone 🙂  I believe there were about 20/25 people in my session and there were two sessions that day, so I think about 100 people have interviewed so far. I was told during my interview that last year 20/36 of the class was initially waitlisted, so don't lose hope!

Edited by purduegal33