INDIANA: Trine University

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On August 1, 2018 at 8:46 AM, katieaxb said:

Congrats! Did you ever get an email saying your application was under review? I was verified a while ago but never got a confirmation email about it.

I never got a confirmation email from Trine saying my app was under review. Just an email for an interview invitation!

On August 4, 2018 at 9:34 AM, katieaxb said:

Congrats! Do you mind sharing when you were verified and what your stats are?

I was verified on July 9th! 

cGPA: 3.92

sGPA: 3.97

GRE: 307 and 4.0 on writing 

PCE: 1,100 as a nurse tech 

50 hrs job shadowing two different PAs and ~150 volunteer hours! 

hope this helps ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2018 at 6:21 PM, Hilldon0123 said:

I got offered a seat for 2019 today too! When did you interview last cycle?

I interviewed in April last cycle and was waitlisted! I was honestly stunned when I received the call because I assumed we would have to re-interview? I also thought I didn’t do too hot in their interview process. Anyways, I’ve been accepted into another program as well so I am completely torn at this point.  Congratulations to you as well! 

Put down my deposit today! Does anyone know why Dr. LaBarbera is no longer there? I noticed on the website Dr. Vasquez is listed as the Medical Director and Interim Program Director. Any insight would be great! Also, does anyone know if there is a Facebook page yet for the class starting next August?!

2 hours ago, KP5537 said:

Put down my deposit today! Does anyone know why Dr. LaBarbera is no longer there? I noticed on the website Dr. Vasquez is listed as the Medical Director and Interim Program Director. Any insight would be great! Also, does anyone know if there is a Facebook page yet for the class starting next August?!

I emailed to accept the offer, but no one has responded. I didn’t know Dr. LaBarbera left I would like to know why as well. I think we are two of very few who have been admitted for next year so I doubt they have started a page yet. They haven’t even had their first interviews yet I think. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Hilldon0123 said:

I emailed to accept the offer, but no one has responded. I didn’t know Dr. LaBarbera left I would like to know why as well. I think we are two of very few who have been admitted for next year so I doubt they have started a page yet. They haven’t even had their first interviews yet I think. 

Did they call you over the phone to accept? I just did so verbally over the phone then paid the deposit after receiving the email about it. You should’ve received the email the same day, so I would definitely call if you haven’t! 

Also, I was very shocked about getting called after being waitlisted from their interview last year. It must be something unique they do, but the early acceptance is nice. I actually declined at another program that starts much sooner for Trine. I really liked Dr. LaBarbera so I’m a bit bummed, but I’m sure the program will be okay regardless. I probably won’t call and inquire to be honest, but I would love to know if you guys find anything out! 

9 hours ago, KindnessMatters said:

That's strange. I was on the waitlist for last cycle as well but I spoke to Dr. LaBarbera in July and everything seemed normal. If you guys find out let me know! 

Yeah I’m very curious as well! Good luck with everything this time around! ? honestly, I forgot my headshot to the interview at Trine and felt so defeated after the interview process (lack of preparation on my end). I interviewed at a ton of places in the past with no luck, then received my call for Trine and another program within a 2 day span. It’s funny how things work out sometimes, but I’ll be sending good vibes your way! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KP5537 said:

Did they call you over the phone to accept? I just did so verbally over the phone then paid the deposit after receiving the email about it. You should’ve received the email the same day, so I would definitely call if you haven’t! 

Also, I was very shocked about getting called after being waitlisted from their interview last year. It must be something unique they do, but the early acceptance is nice. I actually declined at another program that starts much sooner for Trine. I really liked Dr. LaBarbera so I’m a bit bummed, but I’m sure the program will be okay regardless. I probably won’t call and inquire to be honest, but I would love to know if you guys find anything out! 

They called me to give the offer, but I told them I had to think about it a little. They said to email them to accept it before Sept 30. I think I’ll call them tomorrow if I don’t hear back today. 

1 hour ago, KP5537 said:

Yeah I’m very curious as well! Good luck with everything this time around! ? honestly, I forgot my headshot to the interview at Trine and felt so defeated after the interview process (lack of preparation on my end). I interviewed at a ton of places in the past with no luck, then received my call for Trine and another program within a 2 day span. It’s funny how things work out sometimes, but I’ll be sending good vibes your way! 

I was actually accepted somewhere already and starting in a week! ? I was just curious with Trine since it's a new program and all and I really liked Dr. LeBarbera! I'm so happy for you and that things worked out! They always do when the time is right ❤️

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, KindnessMatters said:

I was actually accepted somewhere already and starting in a week! ? I was just curious with Trine since it's a new program and all and I really liked Dr. LeBarbera! I'm so happy for you and that things worked out! They always do when the time is right ❤️

That's awesome- congrats! That is so true. Luckily with Trine starting next August I am able to continue interviewing to keep my options open (although I'm obviously thrilled to have been accepted). Good luck with everything!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PAhopeful18 said:

@KP5537 @Hilldon0123 Congrats on being accepted! When did you resubmit your application? I was also on the waitlist for Trine during the last cycle, and I just submitted my app for the class of 2019. 

Hi! Thank you! This year I sent most of my apps out in very early May! This was my second year of applying and I’ve had significantly greater success by submitting early. If you have any questions about Trine or just in general do not hesitate to reach out. I wish you the best of luck! 

On 9/11/2018 at 9:37 AM, Greys.A said:

I submitted my app for trine and received an email about a day ago that my application is "active and open" and is being evaluated. How long after this email does it take to hear back on an interview offer or decline?? 

I believe they give a 4-6 week range for a decision but this could definitely vary. I received my acceptance call about 3 months after submitting my application! (I was waitlisted last year after interviewing and did not have to reinterview)