Are PA's not considered as more academically qualified than NP's?

This much is certainly true.  Of course, "academically qualified" means ability to publish 30 page "research" titled "How to Overcome the Patient's Perception of the Provider's Inherent Bias Against Their Transgendered Third Cousin (Once Removed) In Their Search for Holistic Care for their Debilitating Fibromyalgia."  In this regard NPs are certainly "more academically qualified".

Who is more "clinically qualified" is another story....

But seriously, I've never seen any data that showed NPs make more than PAs.  

• Upvote 1

http://www.clinicaladvisor.com/2014-nurse-practitioner--physician-assistant-salary-survey/slideshow/1934/

Keep in mind the problem with all these surveys is the lack of response from both professions. A pool of a few thousand is not that large. I hate these salary surveys bc I find them low and employers use them to justify paying us less. The high earning pa's need to respond to these things to drive up the average to help all pa's better negotiate

• Upvote 1