Getting MPH after PA school

Hello,

I've recently been accepted into a PA program that will start this May and I am so excited to get started! I have also recently gained a lot of interest in public health due to a book I am reading - Mountains Beyond Mountains by Tracy Kidder...check it out! The program I will be attending is not a PA/MPH dual degree program. Has anyone out there gone to PA school and then gone back to get their MPH? Or have you heard of anyone doing this? What kind of work are you/they doing now? Thank you very much for your input! 

Hello,

I've recently been accepted into a PA program that will start this May and I am so excited to get started! I have also recently gained a lot of interest in public health due to a book I am reading - Mountains Beyond Mountains by Tracy Kidder...check it out! The program I will be attending is not a PA/MPH dual degree program. Has anyone out there gone to PA school and then gone back to get their MPH? Or have you heard of anyone doing this? What kind of work are you/they doing now? Thank you very much for your input! 

If you like that you should read Infections and Inequalities by Paul Farmer. I think he has other books too. He is one of my heros :)

look at the distance learning mph programs from san jose state and u.alaska anchorage. also, do the math for a doctorate vs an mph. If you already have an ms,  getting a doctorate might make more financial sense. it did for me. look into distance DHSc and DrPH programs. see my thread in the recovery room here on getting my DHSc degree. it's a permanent thread called " taking the DHSc plunge".

Archived