WesternU Class of 2018: Accepted!!

Congrats to those accepted! I'm a second year in the program and can tell you all you're in for a great, difficult, but rewarding two years. If anyone has questions about the program feel free to PM me. Enjoy your time off before the craziness of PA school starts!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was chosen as an alternate last year but never got accepted. I interviewed again this year on 2/5 and received my acceptance letter 3/11. Western is my #1 choice and I have never been more happy or proud of myself. It still feels unreal. I feel (just like everyone else I am sure) that this journey to getting accepted has been soo incredibly long but very much worth every blood, sweat, and tear shed. I now feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off of my shoulders and am so very excited to meet everyone and begin this new journey!! To everyone else who has not been accepted or chosen as alternate, I have been there and know how you feel. It can be difficult to not feel discouraged but just know that if this is what you really want, and you keep working at it, then it will happen and you will be a stronger person in the end. Don't give up and good luck!

Hello friends, 

I am blessed to say I have been accepted as well into the program. I actually applied last year and became an alternate. And through hard work I pushed to apply again with more experience under my belt and got it! I interviewed on 2/4. Cant wait to meet you all!! Enjoy your last summer!

Brandon Jarosin

Email me at:

bjarosin@sdcc.edu

Hello future classmates!

I still haven't received a link or instructions on how to join our class Facebook page from Paul yet. Can someone please DM with the info?

Thanks!

Hi classmates! I sent Paul a PM last Sat and yesterday but still nothing. Could someone PM the link to join the fb group as well? Thank you!

Great ones,

I just wanted to say sorry for the slight delay, and thank you for your patience! We start spring break tomorrow, and we've all been bombarded with tests and quizzes and assignments for the past 2 weeks. I'll send each of you individually a PM once our final quiz is completed tonight :). Thanks for your understanding!

Best,

Paul

I received my acceptance this morning as well! So ecstatic to be joining you all this fall!

PA hopeful,

Congratulations to you! I will send you a PM right now :).

I'm in! Can't wait to meet all my new classmates and share with you this amazing experience!

mzanzarini,

Congratulations! I think you are in the Facebook group already, haha. If I'm mistaken, I'll send you a PM!

I too received my acceptance early this morning! Congratulations everyone! Can't wait to begin this journey with all of you!

jvalles21,

Congratulations! Welcome to the 2018 class. I'll send you a PM!

Hey everyone congrats on admissions. I was also accepted and for those wondering I interviewed Jan 27th. Looking forward to meeting all of you.

jlopez90,

Congrats! Send you a PM as well!

I received my acceptance this morning as well!  Interviewed Feb 23rd.  So incredibly excited, and can't wait to meet you all!

lmford6,

Welcome and congratulations! Look out for the PM :).

I am so happy to announce that I have been accepted as well! Can't wait to meet everyone!

Congratulations to you! I received your message, and I'll send you the link :).

Hi all! I received my acceptance email around 10am yesterday and I'm over the moon! I was so happy I to reread the email a few times to make sure it wasn't a mistake lol.

I interviewed on Feb 23 during the morning session.

Can't wait to meet you all!

kittycat18,

Congratulations! When I was accepted, I think I waited a few days just to make sure it wasn't a mistake as well haha. I'm responding to your message now!

Hello future classmates!

I am more than thrilled to be accepted into the Western University class of 2018! I got my acceptance email around 10am yesterday and I interviewed on Feb 4th.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Alexis Holverson

Alexisholverson@hotmail.com

Alexis,

I received your e-mail! Sending you a PM; congratulations again :).

I've been accepted! I received my acceptance on Friday March 11 at around 10am! So excited to meet all of you!!

Sheena Amin

sheenki13@gmail.com

Sheena,

Congrats! I'll send you a message.

I received my acceptance on March 11th and I interviewed on January 26th. Can't wait to meet everyone!

Nick Chiang

nickchiang001@gmail.com

Nick,

Congratulations man; check your PM!

I received my acceptance email on 3/11! I am so excited to start the program! Can't wait to meet all of you! -Katy S

Katy,

Welcome to the program, and congratulations! I'm sending you a PM as well.

I received an acceptance as well!! I look forward to meeting all of you ! For those waiting, I wish you the best !

Can someone PM me the group link? Thank you ! 

RoutetoPa,

I am sending the link to you right now; congratulations!

I was chosen as an alternate last year but never got accepted. I interviewed again this year on 2/5 and received my acceptance letter 3/11. Western is my #1 choice and I have never been more happy or proud of myself. It still feels unreal. I feel (just like everyone else I am sure) that this journey to getting accepted has been soo incredibly long but very much worth every blood, sweat, and tear shed. I now feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off of my shoulders and am so very excited to meet everyone and begin this new journey!! To everyone else who has not been accepted or chosen as alternate, I have been there and know how you feel. It can be difficult to not feel discouraged but just know that if this is what you really want, and you keep working at it, then it will happen and you will be a stronger person in the end. Don't give up and good luck!

amr88,

It definitely has been a very long journey. I am glad that you got your acceptance this time around; all of your efforts have certainly paid off. Welcome to the Class of 2018, and congratulations to you! I am sending you a message right now. Thank you for the words of encouragement.

Hello friends, 

I am blessed to say I have been accepted as well into the program. I actually applied last year and became an alternate. And through hard work I pushed to apply again with more experience under my belt and got it! I interviewed on 2/4. Cant wait to meet you all!! Enjoy your last summer!

Brandon Jarosin

Email me at:

bjarosin@sdcc.edu

Brandon,

Congratulations man! I always like reading a success story; it's great to see that you've improved your app from the past year and that you've reached your goal. I am sending you a message!

If you've been accepted, I believe I've messaged everybody so far. If I missed you, message me, and I'll get you on there!

If you're on the alternate list, keep your fingers crossed. I don't know of the exact number from my class, but I know there were a handful of individuals who were pulled from the alternate list last year to be accepted.

If you've been rejected, just pick yourself up, make your app stronger this year than it was last year, and give it another shot. If you are interested in WesternU, it seems like GPA is one of the main factors for this program. WesternU completely replaces any repeated grades w/ the originally grade, so your WesternU app GPA may be slightly higher than your CASPA GPA if you've retaken some classes. For WesternU, I would focus on retaking the classes that can boost up your GPA the most if you ace it while racking up the health care hours as well. May next year be your year.

• 3 weeks later...

I got my acceptance email yesterday morning!! So excited to be part of the class of 2018! Can't wait to meet all of you!

Rachael Fulton

rrfulton15@gmail.com

Congrats! Do you mind if I ask you if you got accepted from the alternate list?

Just received my acceptance this morning! Look forward to meeting you all!

I received my acceptance today as well!! So excited!! 

Congratulations on your acceptance! Did you both got accepted from the alternate list also? 

Hi I am so excited to meet everyone. I just got my email about being accepted a couple of days ago. I would love to hear some feedback from students who are already going to western u. I did also have some questions as well so if anyone can message me I would really appreciate it especially about housing and stuff.

Thank you

Archived