How much do you use notes from didactic year?

So I have successfully completed 2 of 3 semesters so this question comes a bit late but..... I'm wondering how much you used notes from didactic year during clinical year and into practice. Depending on the module it can vary but most of my notes are on the lecture slides and I usually don't have the beautiful charts and gloriously organized notes like some classmates. We've all done similar with our grades so if I started to make a great effort to do this it would only be to help me later on (clinical year mostly). I could also go back and try to organize some old notes (in all my spare time) if it would really help. Thoughts?

I took notes mostly on the slides as well. Notes from didactic year are a great foundation, but I don't reference them for clinicals. You're on the move in clinicals, so even if you have every note beautifully organized electronically, doing a focused database search on UpToDate or Medscape is just as easy and more informative. Those resources plus a pocket guide specific to your rotation and a comprehensive review book will cover most of what you need. Other than that, I just read journal articles for the specific rotation I'm on. 

Archived