Sign in to follow this  

PA jobs in the St.Louis area

Hello all,

Is anyone familiar with the St.louis job market? Missouri or Illinois side. I'm a new grad with a military medic background applying anywhere within an hour of the city and was wondering how the opportunities are. I grew up in St.Charles but haven't been back in a decade. There seems to be a handful of large hospital networks in the area but not many job postings. Any advice/tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By PApreemie
      Hi!  I am currently in my fourth week of PA school and having some serious doubts as to what I am getting myself into.  
      I am worried for several of the following reasons:  that with the impact of covid 19 will take years to recover jobs (even healthcare), the amount of new PAs and NPs being pumped out of schools will cause more competition, and this study I read from the Bureau of Health Workforce...basically stating that the market will be saturated for PA's by 2025...
      Im worried, it'll be very hard to find work in southern Ca after school and I see some new PAs taking like, 8 months to a year to find a job.. I worry this will only get worse in the next few years when I graduate in 2022!!  I am not able to relocate out of state, nor can leave the metropolitan area around LA.
      I have a career to fall back on, if I decide to walk away from PA school making 60-70k. 
      I know no one can 100% say what will happen in the future.. but I am concerned to the point of walking away all-together.  Any input or advice would be appreciated. 
    • By Brown
      Hi Friends,
      I'm trying to develop a bit more privacy than is the default on the PA Board website. In CA, is there a way to put your work address as the one on file, or would you have to get a PO box should you desire to not have your home address listed on a license search?
      Thanks much!
    • By Texicana210
      [deleted]
    • By Brown
      Hi everyone,
      In my myriad Google searches, I seem to have found the answer, but I want to confirm this before I play the waiting game.  I have applied for state licensure in CA, but I am still waiting on approval. Can I apply for my DEA before the license comes through? The answer seems to be no, that I must be fully licensed before I even begin my application for a DEA.
      Anyone have any light to shed on this? Any way for me to speed up the waiting game?
      Thanks much!
    • By Kslight66
      Hello,

I am looking for advice on salary for a Pa-C position in charge on a 16 bed Detox wing. I would be responsible for supervising a nurse and a CNA. Also, I would have to work some weekend, nights and some holidays.
      1. What would be a good salary range for this dual medical / management role? 

2. The job only provides 16 days of ( lumping it all together) PTO, sick and national holiday and CME days off.  Should I ask for a higher compensation for this limited vacation package? 

thank you in advance! 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More