Sign in to follow this  

PA jobs in the St.Louis area

Hello all,

Is anyone familiar with the St.louis job market? Missouri or Illinois side. I'm a new grad with a military medic background applying anywhere within an hour of the city and was wondering how the opportunities are. I grew up in St.Charles but haven't been back in a decade. There seems to be a handful of large hospital networks in the area but not many job postings. Any advice/tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By medic2020
      Hey everyone,
      I am looking for a little insight on PA opportunities within the special operations community. I know that most spec ops groups, with the exception of special forces, has a PA that deploys with them, however there is not much information out there on how close to combat these PA's get. So far it sounds like Navy PA's who deploy with NSW does not get any action and it seems like PA's in the 75th Ranger Regiment get the most opportunities to get their hands dirty but the assignments are competitive. Does anyone have any experience with PA's in the 75th? I am very interested in operational medicine and being as far forward as possible, so any information about how to achieve that role as a PA in the military is greatly appreciated.
      Thanks in advance, 
      M. 
    • By soccerfanatic14
      Hello,
      I'm a new grad PA (started the program right out of high school) who just received a job offer for a hospitalist position with the details here:
      40 hour week. Five 8 hr shifts a week. Overnight from Sun- Thurs 11pm-7am.   $85,000 base pay $15,000 for overnight annual bonus. Would be taken away if I switched to days.   4 weeks PTO 1 sick week 1 week CME and $1500 Paid DEA liscense.  

I'm curious if I should ask for more base pay.  Any opinions?  Thanks! 
    • By Bloomcailtin
      Hello,
      I'm currently searching for EMPA jobs in the Seattle area. Looking to move in late spring/early summer of 2021 for my boyfriend's job. I've completed a postgrad residency in emergency medicine in an inner city hospital in the midwest. Will have 2 years of experience by time of move, was also an EMT-B for 3 years prior to school. I was wondering if anyone had information on good hospitals/groups to look at or knows of any places hiring!
      Thanks!
      C. Bloom
    • By PApreemie
      Hi!  I am currently in my fourth week of PA school and having some serious doubts as to what I am getting myself into.  
      I am worried for several of the following reasons:  that with the impact of covid 19 will take years to recover jobs (even healthcare), the amount of new PAs and NPs being pumped out of schools will cause more competition, and this study I read from the Bureau of Health Workforce...basically stating that the market will be saturated for PA's by 2025...
      Im worried, it'll be very hard to find work in southern Ca after school and I see some new PAs taking like, 8 months to a year to find a job.. I worry this will only get worse in the next few years when I graduate in 2022!!  I am not able to relocate out of state, nor can leave the metropolitan area around LA.
      I have a career to fall back on, if I decide to walk away from PA school making 60-70k. 
      I know no one can 100% say what will happen in the future.. but I am concerned to the point of walking away all-together.  Any input or advice would be appreciated. 
    • By Brown
      Hi Friends,
      I'm trying to develop a bit more privacy than is the default on the PA Board website. In CA, is there a way to put your work address as the one on file, or would you have to get a PO box should you desire to not have your home address listed on a license search?
      Thanks much!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More