Advice to new PA-C's

I was a new grad (back in the dark ages)..waiting to take my Boards...I was hired as a nurse by a DO and could not practice until I passed the boards. I took a LOW entry pay ...less than what I earned as a nurse..and promptly became ill ...I passed my Boards but was too ill to work after that.

Workman's comp was calculated off the low entry pay and I ended up long term illness, little money to live off and without AFLAC or anything else..

New Grads...you are exposed to infectious processes..and you may get ill at work!

Take illness /loss of income insurance. It wasn't offered when I graduated in the 80's.

I am now recovered and passed my boards recently. Fortunately , I have had a good income stream from other sources or I would be going upstream now!!

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi everyone! Please help me out!:confused:

(I know this is not a write place to post but I don't know how to post a new thread and I see all the experts here)

I was graduated in Aug 2009 and got my certification. I am attending some job interviews. I have a offer in my hands. The job is to take care of lung transplant patients on Friday, Sat & Sunday 12hr/day i.e;36hrs/week. During the interview (3 months ago), when I asked them I am interested to involve in the surgeries too, they said they are ready to take me to help transplant surgeries if they need me. I thought its really cool:cool: to help the transplant surgeries and I can have some work during the weekdays so thought about taking that job. Recently the HR called me and offered $57,000 with full time benefits. I know its going to be challenging and I have to put my weekends to work.:rolleyes: So I said no to that offer and then they called me and said I will be considered as an "Exempt" employee and so they are willing to increase 10% salary which in total is around 62,500. They said because I am going to be an exempt employee,:D I am not going to be paid overtime:mad: or any hourly salary even if I work in the weekends.

Can some one write me your opinion about this job offer and can you give more details about the exempt employee.

Thank you:)

New Grad PA-C

Uhh you are getting ROBBED!! sorry. You should check your local salary range on salary.com I made 60K as a MA!!!! Dude (or dudette) renegotiate!!!

EDIT: DANG Holy post resurrection Batman!!!! I didnt notice this was an old thread FML!:sweat:

Still getting robbed even in 2009:xD:

• 1 month later...

Archived