So who here has a position where they work 3 straight 12 hr shifts or 4 10 hour shifts?

my first job was m-t 9-7 urgent care. 3 day weekend every week with the option of working fridays at time and a 1/2 , which I did every other week. nice work/life balance having a 3 day weekend every week. I've also done the 3 in a row thing and that wasn't bad either. I am currently scheduled all over the map, but can take off any days I want either via schedule or trades.

my first job was m-t 9-7 urgent care. 3 day weekend every week with the option of working fridays at time and a 1/2 , which I did every other week. nice work/life balance having a 3 day weekend every week. I've also done the 3 in a row thing and that wasn't bad either. I am currently scheduled all over the map, but can take off any days I want either via schedule or trades.

I work 3 11s and every 3rd weekend (7 on Sat, 4 on Sun).  Urgent care is my gig. 

I had this in surgery. you can get some OP clinic jobs with 4-10s.

sorry, what is OP clinic jobs??

I have heard that emergency care(in a hospital that is open 24/7) is one of the higher paying fields while primary care is one of the lower paying but has a lot of autonomy.  I always imagined urgent care as being somewhat in between the two disciplines.  Urgent care clinics where I live are clinics that you just walk right in and ask to be seen that same day ASAP.  They treat less serious things as an emergency room.

How does urgent care compare?

so many newb questions...

Archived