Class of 2015 Accepted students :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I turned my supplemental app in on October 26th and got a confirmation that my application was complete and eligible for review on November 7th. I got an invitation to interview from Melanie on February 9th and the interview date is Feb. 28. She did say that I got one of the last spots and she tried to fit me in so I'm not sure if there are any more dates unfortunately. To those that got rejected, I too, was rejected to UC Davis and I had a good feeling about that interview too. All I can say is keep trying. I know I was very discouraged and hopeless also. I cried many times. I have a couple of friends who applied three years in a row before they got in so I guess we just have to be optimistic and hope for the best in this cruel world. I was a Sociology major so it took me three years to finish pre-reqs for PA school because I was working three jobs among other things so it's been a struggle for all of us. Just know that you are not alone!

Does anyone know how many more interviews they are going to do? I applied early and still have not heard anything, and Melani Lim said that they are still reviewing my application, anyone have any clue about this?

Last year, they interviewed until interviewed until April or May. Don't worry, just be patient.

The best advice I can give is keep on trying. Many of us tried various times to get into PA school (even up to 4 times)...it is more competitive that Med school. Raise your GPA and retake prerequisite classes that you did poor in. That is one of the biggest factors that all PA schools take into account when deciding acceptance. I turned in my application at the actual deadline on Nov. 1, 2010 and I was accepted. One theory I have is that they accept people in pairs. If you work well within your interview group, it will get their attention. Many of the people in our class have been accepted with someone else in their small group. Good Luck everybody

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I turned in my app toward the end of the cycle, and turned in my supplemental about a month after that. Just the other day was invited to interview and my interview date is April 3. I have read the other posts about what to expect at the interview and the general plan for the day—can anyone hint at topics that came up for the essay portion?? I'm so excited and anxious!!

Thanks to anyone with advice or words of wisdom ;-)

Hi all,

I turned in my app toward the end of the cycle, and turned in my supplemental about a month after that. Just the other day was invited to interview and my interview date is April 3. I have read the other posts about what to expect at the interview and the general plan for the day—can anyone hint at topics that came up for the essay portion?? I'm so excited and anxious!!

Thanks to anyone with advice or words of wisdom ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Congrats John! I was there that day too. You heard fast! Did they call you?

Hey there which group were you in? I was in group B. I received a letter through the mail a couple days later. Just stay positive and keep your head high!! Remember what Grace said, they won't keep you waiting til the very end.

Hey there which group were you in? I was in group B. I received a letter through the mail a couple days later. Just stay positive and keep your head high!! Remember what Grace said, they won't keep you waiting til the very end.

I got my letter and a phone call today!!! See you in August :)

Archived