Professional student line of credit

Hey,

I have been speaking to banks and they have been telling me that 1) they have never heard of PAs or PA programs and 2) after I explain what it is and send them links from the school/government web-sites they tell me that they don't consider PA programs eligible for professional student LOCs (despite the fact that law, medicine, dentistry, physiotherapy, chiropractic, social work, and other professions, many with lower income potential, do qualify).

Has anyone been able to get this done or should I just start thinking about other avenues of funding?

I assume the OP is Canadian, as this was posted in the Canada: Mantioba Univ section. I am not sure if FAFSA, etc applies to Canadian citizens. I would start by contacting the financial aid dept. in your Univ, as they should have seen this as an obstacle since many financial institutions in countries with PA programs in it's infancy stages may not recognize the program yet. After speaking with the Univ I would go the government route suggested by MCHAD.

Update! I have managed to have the issue escalated through the ranks of RBC and, lo and behold, they told me they are going to approve PA programs and designate PAs as a profession in the RBC system. This whole process should take another month or so but they told me that, by June, PA students in Canada will be eligible for the professional student lines of credit.

• 1 year later...

Archived