Any news??

Paul: You're welcome! I added my in progress classes to the caspa application. When I finished with the semester and got my final grades, I emailed to ask where they wanted me to send the transcript. They had me email in an unofficial transcript and said they would ask for an official one if I was accepted. However, I got my interview invite before I had sent in my unofficial transcript.

I am in group A but am trying to get switched to group B because of a conflict.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those of you who got invites, Can you share your GRE score? I think that may be keeping me from an invite.

verbal 610, quantitative 750, writing 4.0 -- good luck! i can't decide if i'll go down for the interview. i've already put my deposit down for another program, and it would require me rescheduling a trip to china (which may cost a couple hundred dollars since i've already bought my tickets) and buying the plane tickets from chicago to houston. it just seems like a huge sacrifice in time and money for a chance at interviewing at a place that only accepts 1/3 of interviewees. such a dilemma! any suggestions?

verbal 610, quantitative 750, writing 4.0 -- good luck! i can't decide if i'll go down for the interview. i've already put my deposit down for another program, and it would require me rescheduling a trip to china (which may cost a couple hundred dollars since i've already bought my tickets) and buying the plane tickets from chicago to houston. it just seems like a huge sacrifice in time and money for a chance at interviewing at a place that only accepts 1/3 of interviewees. such a dilemma! any suggestions?

If you're not going to Baylor either way the interview goes, you should relinquish your spot so that somebody on that waitlist has a chance.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not heard yet either, but I called on Friday and they said that there is the possibility of another interview date.... We will know for sure at the end of January. This is my second year applying to PA school (and third PA school) so I'm beginning to feel a little bit disillusioned by the experience. I have a MA and a BS from reputable schools and average, but improving GPA's and GRE scores (they got better as I matured). In addition, I have over 10 years of experience working in health care so I feel like I'd be a great fit. This is what I want to do. However, this is what everyone else wants to do too. I don't think I can continue to be rejected and I'm sure those of you who have been rejected feel the same. So, my question is, what are you going to do about it? Get a sweet job or volunteer position? Take a difficult class? Wait it out? Become a nurse? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Hey mountainhealer, by average GPA and GRE scores, do you mean BCM's average for matriculants or average in a general sense? Also, did you try asking them why you weren't invited to an interview last year? That's what you should focus on improving if you've got it in you to try again.

For those interviewing- any idea on what you'll wear for both days? I normally wear a skirt suit for the actual interview (I'm a female), which is apparently on the second day. I'm in group B, so that will be Jan 14th. On the 13th, there is a general orientation, student panel, and 'informal gathering'. I'm not sure what to wear for that... maybe slacks and something like a nice blouse and cardigan? Since it says informal gathering, I figure we don't need to wear a suit the first day. Does anyone else have input on this?

I just spoke to someone at their office about this. I was told that some people do wear a suit on that day as well, but it is meant to be more business casual than that because there is an orientation, walk around campus, and social gathering. I think slacks and a blouse with cardigan is perfect! i'm in group A so I won't see you. Good luck!

Archived