Hey guys, just thought I would start a thread for those of us who have been accepted!

I'd love to hear why you all chose GW and what you all plan on doing for living arrangements. I have a wife and a 5 month old daughter so it looks like I will be trying to find a place in Alexandria, VA as it is a little cheaper and it's possible to get a 3 bedroom place.

Anyways, I'm really excited and can't wait to meet you all!

Hey! Glad you started up this thread. I was accepted and currently live in MD. I'm looking to move closer to GW and have started to look a couple of places. I'm moving with my boyfriend and have looked at efficiencies in Foggy Bottom and also a couple of 1BDs in Ballston, VA and a place in Courthouse, VA. We're trying not to spend a fortune on housing and looking now at places in Dupont or even somewhere in Van Ness/places on the red line... it is definitely a challenge to be close to GW and not spend decent amounts of $/month. I am also allergic to dogs/cats, too, so some places are Xed pretty quickly. boo..

Alexandria I think is a great place to live, especially with a family. I would definitely recommend living there for you.

I'd be interested to hear what others are doing as far as living, whether it be Foggy Bottom, on the red line, or out in VA. If there are any specific apartments people could recommend, that would be awesome!! I'm struggling to figure out whether the places I'm looking at would be nice to live in. The ones in FB I'm looking at are the 925 apartments and 2400 Penn Ave (right across from McFaddens). The apartments i'm looking at in Ballston and the courthouse are ditmar and arch stone apartments - mainly b/c no pet policy.

Also question numéro dos, How important is it to get a nice apartment - I'm not even sure it'll be worth getting a nice 1BD in virginia if I'm spending most of my time in class or the library. Did anyone get a small efficiency and wish they had gotten a 1BD because they are spending more time in their apartment than previously thought? Also, the kitchen in the foggy bottom efficiency's are poor quality and size - not sure that's even worth it since I like to cook most meals.

Any input?

VERY excited to start with everyone, congratulations :)

Hi all,

i am an MPH student at GW currently (we share facilities in Ross Hall with PA's) and also PA class of 2014. I live in the Claridge House on 25th/K. I love it and have a great studio. It is affordable, couldn't be more convenient, rooftop pool, gym, etc and there are many other graduate students. Other options close by at the statesman, circle arms, 2100 M, HOVA (graduate housing from GW) and a few more I can't remember off the top of my head.

Would anyone be interested in getting together sometime in January or February?

Hey Bastein! I looked at the Claridge House a little while ago, looks like an amazing place. There is I think the 925 apts right across the street from them that I was looking at, too. How did you get a room at the Claridge House? - it seems it is co-op. Did you keep checking the website or know someone? Do you know of anyone that is going to be moving out of their studio March-May? Or maybe before then?

I'd love to get together sometime next year, that sounds great!!

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody! I'm very excited to say that I just received my acceptance to the PA/MPH dual-degree program and I'm so looking forward to meeting you all!! Has anyone started a Facebook group yet? I think it'd be a great way to get connected with the new class.

Congrats! I also think we should start a Facebook page! I interviewed in November and was accepted December 1st. I'll be looking for an apt too...the studios I've been looking at around campus are kinda expensive, so I'm interested in maybe sharing an apt with another student. Message me if you are looking for a roommate. =)

Thanks so much, and congrats to you all too! I intervewed back in September so it's been quite a wait, but so worth it!! :) I'll start a FB page soon and send you guys the link. Quick question though...there prob should be separate groups for the solely PA class and dual degree class right? I don't see many previous yr groups online so wasn't sure how to go about it..

@jlp2156: I, too am thinkin of a housing arrangement like that. Haven't gotten a chance to look into it yet though..

Hi everyone! Congratulations on your acceptances! It's so very exciting... I interviewed in November, and then heard back just before Christmas- talk about the best Christmas present, ever! Currently, I live in Chantilly, and the closest Metro stop is Vienna. I'm thinking about trying to get an apartment closer to school, and probably/hopefully have a roommate. If anyone is interested, please message me!

Hi everyone!  Congratulations on your acceptances!  It's so very exciting...  I interviewed in November, and then heard back just before Christmas- talk about the best Christmas present, ever!  Currently, I live in Chantilly, and the closest Metro stop is Vienna.  I'm thinking about trying to get an apartment closer to school, and probably/hopefully have a roommate.  If anyone is interested, please message me!

Hello everyone! Just wanted to say I think someone else who's solely in the PA program should go ahead and start a facebook group if you wanted since from my understanding I think the dual-degree folks end up technically being part of the following PA class. Either way, looking forward to meeting everyone! For those of you looking into getting an apartment with potentially a roommate, please feel free to message me! I'm gonna be goin down to DC in a couple weeks to get a better idea of what's available, preferably closer to campus (i.e. max. 10-15 min metro ride away from campus) if at all possible.

Oh btw, has anyone received any info on financial aid? I believe the FAFSA priority deadline is quickly approaching but haven't heard from GW yet.

Hello everyone! Just wanted to say I think someone else who's solely in the PA program should go ahead and start a facebook group if you wanted since from my understanding I think the dual-degree folks end up technically being part of the following PA class. Either way, looking forward to meeting everyone! For those of you looking into getting an apartment with potentially a roommate, please feel free to message me! I'm gonna be goin down to DC in a couple weeks to get a better idea of what's available, preferably closer to campus (i.e. max. 10-15 min metro ride away from campus) if at all possible.

Oh btw, has anyone received any info on financial aid? I believe the FAFSA priority deadline is quickly approaching but haven't heard from GW yet.

Archived