Waitlist Class of 2015

interviewed may 15th, got waitlisted. A few questions for everyone: What is the benefit or sending in updated transcripts or more letters of rec? Would that move me higher up the list? Also, the letter said that I was on the "high alternate waitlist"....should I feel special or do they tell everyone that?

I'm trying to keep my spirits up and stay hopeful, but Touro is the only place I got an interview, so this is pretty much my last shot. Good luck to everyone!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

interviewed may 15th, got waitlisted. A few questions for everyone: What is the benefit or sending in updated transcripts or more letters of rec? Would that move me higher up the list? Also, the letter said that I was on the "high alternate waitlist"....should I feel special or do they tell everyone that?

I'm trying to keep my spirits up and stay hopeful, but Touro is the only place I got an interview, so this is pretty much my last shot. Good luck to everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the same boat as you. I definitely think that you should send in anything that you have completed that is not already on your application. This will show them that you are interested in attending their school. I was waitlisted and was accepted 4 months after and I strongly believe that my letters of recommendation and letter of intent helped a lot. I wish you the very best:)

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mayra86

I interviewed on 5/15 and also was waitlisted along with 2 other people in my group.. Touro is my first choice and at this point I feel like ive done everything i could to sway the adcomm, Ive sent in updated transcripts and a letter of continued interest, so if I get admitted or get early acceptance for next year Ill see it as a nice surprise, but Im moving on to the next cycle for CASPA. Good luck everyone, hopefully some of us will get some good new :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ja!

Let me stand in solidarity with you: This wait is !@#$ing killing me. I kind of want to go on a rant here about how unfair all this crap is, but let's just summarize. I've spent my career since college working with non-profits, disabled people, and the California mental health system. While my career has been a blast so far, it has not left me with a whole of money. What savings I have, I have spent on pre-req classes, application fees, and all the crap that goes into getting to an interview (also the car accident I got into last week...but I can't blame that on PA school). I've been trying to get into PA school for three years now, and even some of my references are telling me I should try something else. ON TOP OF ALL THIS! I've been working at the same facility for about five years now, and tomorrow I need to have a conversation with my boss explaining how I may or may not be quitting in about three weeks. As much as I hate telling my co-workers that I may or may not disappear at a moments notice (because sometimes people get off the waitlist days before the start of the program), this is nothing compared to the conversation I'm going to have to have with my residents, most of whom lack the mental capacity to understand why I am leaving and can't come back.

Holy cow, it felt good to write all that down! But let's not all board the train to Bittertown! I want to end this on a positive note, so here you go: No matter how bad things are for you and me, there are always someone worse off. On the grand scheme of things, getting rejected from a prestigious and competitive grad school program really isn't that bad a thing. Chances are that if you've made it this far, you're probably pretty smart and will end up doing great in life!

stay strong!

-ACE

p.s. also I want to throw this out there: I applied to Touro in September. I didn't get the supplemental app until December. Then it took three or four months before they let me know I was getting an interview. Then at the interview, they said they would let us know in "two weeks"...I got my letter three weeks later. So really it doesn't come as any surprise to me that this is going to down to the effing wire. To quote my lovely girlfriend, "I don't think the admissions here is a terribly well oiled machine"

• 6 months later...

Archived