Waitlist Class of 2015

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Same here guys. Waiting is hard but at least we still have a chance! The letter states we should send in updated transcripts and additional letters of rec. I'm assuming this could help our chances, anyone hear anything about this? Good luck to you all!

Yes! It is true! Schools want to know that you are still interested in them. 3 people from our class got in 3 weeks before school started! They sent in updated transcripts, volunteer work, health care experience and really got the attention of admissions. Make sure you send a letter of continued interest and just keep in contact with admissions and faculty.

Hello All,

I had my interview 11/29 and was also placed on the wait list! I have had my fingers and toes crossed since! Touro is my #1 choice! I wish everyone the best! :)

Hey Michelle!

Were you the one that stopped by the day before your interview and ate lunch with a bunch of PAs? Well if you were, I was one of them! Don't worry! Just keep updating your profile and keep in contact with Touro! You never know what happens! ^_^ Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
to anyone who is in Touro PA school right now, did anyone apply right out of undergrad?? if so what type of GPA do you need, and what type of direct patient care did you have? thanks

Hey rlh123, I am a 1st year PA-S at Touro, c/o 2014. I applied to PA school right after undergrad. I had an overall GPA of 3.72, science was 3.80. However, keep in mind that GPA is an important component to your application, but not everything. Although you just finished undergrad, doesn't mean they expect you to have a higher GPA, as long as you meet their requirement its fine. With direct patient care, I volunteered at a hospital x 2 years, worked as an MA x 1 year, went on an international medical mission, and worked in health education with undergraduate students on campus x 2 yrs and with a non-profit org helping diabetic patients and obese children x 1 year, and homeless mobile clinic x 1 year.

Good luck!

Thanks jlam628 for responding. I have a 3.89 overall GPA I have 50 hr of Childrens Hospital of Pennsylvania 55 hr of shadowing in orthopedic surgery 15 hr of direct patient care from when i did study abroad. I am going to start in a few weeks an internship at Columbia University hospital, where I hope to get about 200 hr before I apply. What do u think my chances are for getting in? Do u have any advise of something i should add? Also, at Columbia I am going to get to choose what tasks I get to do, should i try to do things that Medical Assistants do?

thanks

Mausilio and gctouro, I interviewed on 12/13 and I was also waitlisted but have not heard back yet. Did you guys send/email them updating your recent activities, transcripts, etc? Thank you and congrats!! That's super exciting! :D

Thank you! All I sent was an updated transcript with an A in a Bio class. I was getting ready to get some more letters of rec and a letter of continued interest together and all of a sudden I got an email saying I was accepted. I suggest sending in as many of these items as you can. I interviewed that same day... we probably met, hmm.

I'm not sure what caused them to go to their wait list and and take at least the two of us before the last decisions of the final interviews were made but I won't question it!

Good luck to you, every wait-lister is still in the running and obviously some of them get in!

Michelle

Thanks jlam628 for responding. I have a 3.89 overall GPA I have 50 hr of Childrens Hospital of Pennsylvania 55 hr of shadowing in orthopedic surgery 15 hr of direct patient care from when i did study abroad. I am going to start in a few weeks an internship at Columbia University hospital, where I hope to get about 200 hr before I apply. What do u think my chances are for getting in? Do u have any advise of something i should add? Also, at Columbia I am going to get to choose what tasks I get to do, should i try to do things that Medical Assistants do?

thanks

You seem to be in good shape based on stats. I would advise you to get as much experience as possible. When I was in your shoes, I was more focused on the quality of my experience rather than quantity due to limited time I had before application deadlines. When are you planning to apply?

hello everyone! i was wait-listed and received my letter of acceptance, however, i will be declining (which may be great news for someone out there!). my fiance and i were both accepted to schools in philadelphia. although i would LOVE to study public health, that is something that I will have to pursue post-grad. good luck to everyone!

Archived