Incomplete grade on CASPA application

I am currently graduating with my B.S and putting together my CASPA application. I have a good GPA and everything else in order. The only class I had trouble with was Gen Chem 2 (which is funny because I got good grades in Gen Chem 1 and Organic) and I had to retake it in my graduating semester (right now). Unfortunately I still didn't get the grade I wanted. What I am thinking of doing is asking the teacher for an Incomplete since I am graduating it will remain an "I" and not count on my GPA, and then taking it after graduating at a different school. Will CASPA ignore the "I"? This is all I can think of to avoid having 2 negative grades on my transcript. Will this work?

I don't know about the "I". At my university, you had to re-take the class with the same professor at the same school to get an "I" and then the "I" was just replaced with a letter grade. I had one withdrawal on my transcript and it wasn't calculated into my CASPA gpa in any way, but schools can see it when they look through my courses. . . Is there any way you could ace the final and pull out a better grade?

I think you should check with your schools policy on "I" grades. My undergrad would not issue official transcripts or give you your diploma until you had completed all of your classes (i.e. had a letter grade or Pass/Fail) though they would allow you to walk with three classes still pending. (I found this out the hard way my last semester when I was hospitalized with pneumonia during finals week) No matter what schools will be able to see the "I" grade and I am sure it will raise a red flag since you already took it once and did poorly....

Well, it is the only science class I received less than a "B" in. Honestly, I have lots of medical experience as an Army medic and good grades overall as well as an associates degree besides my B.S. I already received passing credit for this class I am retaking and met my graduation requirements, this is just an attempt to get the B I need for my PA app. I just figured getting an incomplete instead of another C would be better as it would not be counted on my GPA. My school has already approved my graduation before even taking into account this repeated class so I am not worried about that. I guess I am just unsure about having repeated this class and not gotten the B I needed. I refuse to believe this will tank my application though, in my experience there is always a path open I just want to make taking that path as smooth as possible.

hi

how about the case of me getting a N/C (no credit), on a breadth class that has nothing to do with PA school prerequisite. i just need that class to get full time student financial. am i going to be looked down upon? for this class, the professor said you can only get A, C, or F. the class was not of interest to me and i didn't want to get that C and wanted to protect my gpa. but in the end, i got a N/C.

I am currently graduating with my B.S and putting together my CASPA application. I have a good GPA and everything else in order. The only class I had trouble with was Gen Chem 2 (which is funny because I got good grades in Gen Chem 1 and Organic) and I had to retake it in my graduating semester (right now). Unfortunately I still didn't get the grade I wanted. What I am thinking of doing is asking the teacher for an Incomplete since I am graduating it will remain an "I" and not count on my GPA, and then taking it after graduating at a different school. Will CASPA ignore the "I"? This is all I can think of to avoid having 2 negative grades on my transcript. Will this work?

This is what CASPA has to say:

[h=3]Q: What types of courses ARE NOT included in my GPA at all?[/h]A: Professional and foreign coursework will not be included in the GPAs. In addition, any course in which a grade of withdrawal, pass/no-pass, audit, incomplete, exempted or not yet enrolled is indicated will not be included in the GPAs.

Listen, if the grade is less than a C don't retake it... CASPA doesn't replace grades--it is what it is! :)

This is what CASPA has to say:

Q: What types of courses ARE NOT included in my GPA at all?

A: Professional and foreign coursework will not be included in the GPAs. In addition, any course in which a grade of withdrawal, pass/no-pass, audit, incomplete, exempted or not yet enrolled is indicated will not be included in the GPAs.

They aren't included in the GPA but are certainly visible on the application.

• 2 months later...

Archived