Clinical Rotations

Hello!

A question about the clinical year: I was wondering where WF's clinical sites are. Wake Forest is my top choice, but the one thing I am hesitant about is choosing a program located in a smaller city over a larger one. Living in a bigger city like Boston or Philadelphia that would allow for some great clinical rotation sites. I know Wake Forest claims a number of clinical sites all around the country, but where are most of them? What options are there? Are you all given a list to choose from, or are sites chosen for you based on a few of your preferences?

Thanks!

We have a pretty extensive database of clinical sites to choose from. Most of my classmates were able to do rotations in their home town if they choose to, all they have to do is establish a connection and the staff would facilitate the necessary paperwork. Students are required to have 4-5 rotations (out of 11) in or near Winston Salem but the rest can be else where. Rotations are available from Hawaii to NY. I'm one of the few that actually choose most of my rotations in NC because i don't want to leave my wife, and it works out well for me. If you like rotations to be in Boston or Philadelphia, you can try to establish contacts with the doctors you want to work with, and our coordinator can do the rest to make it happen.

Archived