Starting New Job While Pregnant?

First the great news! My husband and I are currently expecting our first child, and I have not one but two new job offers! My question is when would be the best time to let a new job know about the pregnancy (currently 9 weeks along). Before I accept the job offer? After the credentialing is done? If I accept one of these positions we'll be moving to a neighboring state, and my husband will have to quit his job. I want to make sure my position is secure before we uproot ourselves with a baby on the way. We are discussing the feasibility of my husband becoming a stay-at-home dad, which should make things easier once I return to work, but I will still need to go on maternity leave. Has anyone ever gone through this before? Any advice appreciated...thanks!

Congrats sunflower! I don't have any first hand knowledge except to say that I would probably wait until the end of the 1st trimester. I think it is pretty standard for people to wait until then to tell anyone (employers included) so being that you are only 9 weeks along I would wait. We recently hired a PA in the department I work in and with the credentialing process she was 7 and half months pregnant when she started. No one I work with seemed to think this was a big deal....Good luck!

Archived