Acceptance into Class of 2014

Yeah me too I just want to know...armymom- have you tried emailing April? She was the one that sent out the confirmation email once she's received your app through CASPA. My friend didn't hear anything either and I told her to email April and two days later she got an interview! Good luck to you!

I did receive a conformation from April my app was in place, but I really didn't want to be a pain in the rump by emailing her and asking if I had an interview. I felt this would be too pushy. I have interviewed with another program (first choice) and made it to the final cut. I should be hearing if I'm in or out withing the next few days. (fingers crossed) I live in rural Arkansas, so no matter where I apply, I will have to move. My stats are strong, and 20 years of direct HCE. I will also pay out of state tuition which in this day and age should look a little more positive. (from a schools economic stand point) I have been up front of my intentions of coming back to my home state and practicing. AR ranks almost dead last in PA-C's practicing.

Honestly, I am just ready to hear something. As is every other applicant nation wide who is still waiting.....Best of luck to you, and I hope you have a wonderful holiday season.....or Merry Christmas as we say around these parts...;) L

armymom - you can just ask April if they are still sending out interview invites and let her know that you are very interested in the school. She did say they are going to interview 106 people and pick out 30ish. I don't know if all invitations have gone out yet. I'm sure you'll get in your first choice though with 20 years of experience! Good luck to you and everyone else! Happy holidays!

• 3 weeks later...
I got a phone call today from April that I have been accepted! Did anyone else? I can't wait to get to know my future classmates!

Hi, could you please share your stats (GPA, sGPA, undergrad major, any graduate degree/GPA, HCE?, volunteer/shadow)? I'm very interested, and it would give me an idea of competitiveness!

If anyone else also wouldn't mind sharing stats... it's much appreciated!

christinanguyen- I interview in Novemeber. Did you interview there? I am dying to know who my classmates will be.

Seijou- My stats are 3.5 overall GPA, 3.25 Science GPA (With a 4.0 Science GPA post-bac), BA in Sociology, 2000 paid HCE, About 8,000 volunteer hours, 2 years in biomolecular research, 30 hours of physician shadowing, 0 hours PA shadowing but lots of time spent with PA's on my unit at work and speaking with different PA's. Did I cover everything? I think they really are looking for people committed to Primary Care for underserved populations, but I'm sure if you have a strong GPA and HCE you would be a competitive applicant.

The interview was interesting, it was the first year they did an MMI format. I had prepared for more of a discussion type interview so I was a little taken back, but it was fun and definitely a new experience for me. The campus is really nice. The education building is new and very nice. I have worked at two different teaching hospitals (at the University of Utah, and OHSU) and it kind of had that same vibe. I really like that UC Davis has a medical school, research, and public health programs. I think there are a lot of opportunities to collaborate and learn new things. I really enjoyed hearing from the faculty. They all seemed to have interesting backgrounds and I definitely felt like I could picture myself there. You should do a campus visit to get a feel. Hope this helps.

I just got accepted today! I am really excited as the faculty seemed very enthusiastic, encouraging, and friendly. Plus the UC Davis health system has so many resources! Congrats to you Kate and I look forward to meeting you this year!

My stats are:

Overall GPA- 3.5

Science GPA- 3.3 (4.0 post-bac)

B.S. in Biological Science (Neurobiology, Physiology, and Behavior)

2700 hours paid HCE in physical therapy

2000+ hours community service

1 year genetic research

250 hours PA/NP shadowing

EMT-B and CNA certified

Mike (above) interview the 21st. I've only heard of the two on here plus one getting accepted. Since the two on here have pretty awesome stats maybe they are letting in some at a time? Anyone hear of other applicants getting in/wait listed/rejected? I interviewed the 19th and nothing yet.

Mike (above) interview the 21st. I've only heard of the two on here plus one getting accepted. Since the two on here have pretty awesome stats maybe they are letting in some at a time? Anyone hear of other applicants getting in/wait listed/rejected? I interviewed the 19th and nothing yet.

Good luck! It seems like Davis is a bit slow about getting back to people (at least according to some other members and reports of the previous years). Don't let it discourage you!

Could you please share your stats? I would be very interested to hear!

You should probably pay more attention to this if I get accepted! So I only qualify for a handful of schools and have received interviews at Davis and Touro so far; I'm wait listed at Touro.

Bach degree in Business Admin 3.5

CASPA GPA and science GPA 3.3

I've worked in operations and marketing for healthcare companies before making the leap to the clinical side.

Took major science pre-reqs plus others

Worked as an EMT on an ALS unit for two years

Certified Phlebotomist

Certified Hemodialysis Technician, working full time since March 2011

Total paid HCE hrs at time of application: 3,814

Red Cross Volunteer, about 20 hrs volunteer time not including classes taken

Other volunteer about 100 hrs

No documented shadowing but spent a lot of time around all medical professionals

It's all competitive enough to score interviews but we'll see if it gets me in anywhere! I'm just going to keep building on it until that happens :)

Archived