Is NOVA a diploma mill for PAs too?

I've been researching the NOVA schools because it would be great if I could get into the one in Jax. I realize it's a new PA program. In my research, I've found that there are a lot of negative comments about NOVA in general being a diploma mill and only caring about your money.

Is this also true of the PA program being seen this way? Or is the PA program reputable?

Thanks!

I'll admit I was curious to find out where you found this info about Nova being a "diploma mill" and whatnot. @ Armywife: Is this what you read: http://www.studentsreview.com/FL/NSU_g.html ? If so, please understand that this is a student review and not in any way credible, let alone reputable. The two people who makes this claim has no basis for their argument; no proof whatsoever. NSU's review is also for ALL of their programs, not only PA. There are always going to be students unsatisfied with any program, but it's more important to look at the FACTS: continual accreditation since program's beginning in 1994, high PANCE pass/fail rates, etc. I also recommend personally talking to current students or alumni before making any judgments.

I agree with lchernof. I doubt any PA programs can really be considered "diploma mills;" graduates are responsible for people's lives and the curriculum is way too difficult.

Thank you for all the replies. I've read in more than a few places that certain programs were like a diploma mill, but I didn't think that the PA program would be considering their statistics; I'm glad to hear they aren't.

For the most part, are all of the PA programs, NOVA and others reputable and good in FL?

Obviously the NOVA Jax is new so they will have some issues to work out.

Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...

I currently am attending Nova in Fort Lauderdale. I also have many friends that are OT, nurses, and Dr in the state of Florida and ALL of them say Nova has a great reputation for their PA program, which is one of the reasons I decided to attend. My classmates are ridiculously smart. Our most recent graduating class had 8 students that got perfect scores on the PANCE out of less than half that had taken it at the time. I recent was able to have dinner with the President of all of Nova and was able to express concerns of the furniture and computers that are a little outdated. They are already budgeting for a makeover of the medical buildings where the DOs and us attend class. The PA faculty have an open door policy and I have had many text and emails from them over breaks and holidays to see how I was doing or update me on anything important. Florida might have a pill mill problem but Nova definitely isnt a diploma mill.

I currently am attending Nova in Fort Lauderdale. I also have many friends that are OT, nurses, and Dr in the state of Florida and ALL of them say Nova has a great reputation for their PA program, which is one of the reasons I decided to attend. My classmates are ridiculously smart. Our most recent graduating class had 8 students that got perfect scores on the PANCE out of less than half that had taken it at the time. I recent was able to have dinner with the President of all of Nova and was able to express concerns of the furniture and computers that are a little outdated. They are already budgeting for a makeover of the medical buildings where the DOs and us attend class. The PA faculty have an open door policy and I have had many text and emails from them over breaks and holidays to see how I was doing or update me on anything important. Florida might have a pill mill problem but Nova definitely isnt a diploma mill.

Do you think the furniture and computer modifications will be ready for the incoming class?

Do you think the furniture and computer modifications will be ready for the incoming class?

I'm actually meeting with the architect tomorrow. I'm hoping the furniture will be done. The computer and WiFi upgrade will take up to 1-2 years from what I was told. They have to get permits to re-wire stuff, which takes forever, and the upgrade has to be done in 2 different phases. You will see an improvement and hopefully new computers in all the labs but it wont be complete until after you guys start.

Archived