Salaries in Western New York

I have been reading the posts about starting salaries of PA's and what one should and should not accept. I am a PA student in Buffalo, currently in my clinical rotations and I spoke to few PA's who graduated in the past few years. They all told me that starting salaries in Western New York and Buffalo area in particular are in the 60 thousand range. It seems ridiculously low to me, but we were sent an e-mail recently by our school that lists average salaries in this are that kind of confirms these numbers. It was based on a survey of working PA's. For example Occ Health PA's average salary was listed as $56000, and Derm was something like $73000. These are not starting salaries, but average. I would like to hear from anyone familiar with Western New York area if these numbers are true. Thanks in advance.

Thank you for your reply. So it looks like all the posts I have read in the past about how new grads should not be accepting low offers do not apply to Western New York. I wonder where all the people who post wonderful job offers starting in the 90K's for a new grad are located?

Archived